[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Trick for D.Roy?

JostabeereJostabeere
Reactions: 650
edited September 2019 in General Chat
So I've been wondering. Is there a trick to get more of this mob to spawn? Or is it a really rare mob which spawns only twice on the map with a reeeeally long cooldown?
And is there an alternative for D.Roy which also heals 15% HP and MP across the world?

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    https://ayumilove.net/maplestory-monster-familiar-guide/

I'm assuming you're asking this for the familiar (based on the last sentence). Most people opt. for Mutant Snail, Castle Golem, or Mr. Alli, iirc.
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    Reactions: 650
    edited September 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »

I'm assuming you're asking this for the familiar (based on the last sentence). Most people opt. for Mutant Snail, Castle Golem, or Mr. Alli, iirc.

Are those easier to get? But they're higher level.
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2019
    Jostabeere wrote: »

honestly at point most familiars are insanely rare
    in case of thos they are on maps people used at one point to train so makes them kinda more common of a drop

not to point out in terms of monster type something that constantly can spawn is more common drop then something that only spawns after so long in cases with some area boss like monsters

so mutant Snail, Castle Golem, or Mr. Alli would be more common of a drop then a D. roy familiar
    HuskyDM
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    Jostabeere wrote: »

No familiar is easy to get these days. My recommendation is to find a Mixed Golem (easy) or Big Spider (hard) familiar, or to use a Drop Rate coupon + the Extreme Gold potion from Monster Park(Ignore that) to increase your chances to get familiars to drop. Mutant Snail is the easiest to get because of the amount of enemies in their map. Castle Golems appear like 6 at a time in their map, and I don't know about Mr. Alli. As for the level don't worry about them being high level, getting to 140-160 has never been easier.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    No familiar is easy to get these days. My recommendation is to find a Mixed Golem (easy) or Big Spider (hard) familiar, or to use a Drop Rate coupon + the Extreme Gold potion from Monster Park to increase your chances to get familiars to drop. Mutant Snail is the easiest to get because of the amount of enemies in their map. Castle Golems appear like 6 at a time in their map, and I don't know about Mr. Alli. As for the level don't worry about them being high level, getting to 140-160 has never been easier.

Eh, technically not true. Most of the "common" (moon icon) level familiars drop like 50%, hence why you said "Mixed Golem (easy)".
    Maybe I missed it, but since when did the Extreme Gold Potion increase drop rate? o.O
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    No familiar is easy to get these days. My recommendation is to find a Mixed Golem (easy) or Big Spider (hard) familiar, or to use a Drop Rate coupon + the Extreme Gold potion from Monster Park to increase your chances to get familiars to drop. Mutant Snail is the easiest to get because of the amount of enemies in their map. Castle Golems appear like 6 at a time in their map, and I don't know about Mr. Alli. As for the level don't worry about them being high level, getting to 140-160 has never been easier.

Eh, technically not true. Most of the "common" (moon icon) level familiars drop like 50%, hence why you said "Mixed Golem (easy)".
    Maybe I missed it, but since when did the Extreme Gold Potion increase drop rate? o.O

Double checking and they didn't, my bad.

As for familiars the easiest ones usually have very low effects, Big Spider gives a better drop rate than the Mixed Golem and they are harder to get.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    No familiar is easy to get these days.
    Not "No good familiar is easy to get these days". I'm not needing clarification on familiars. I'm already well familiar with them and correcting your statement on saying that you can't get familiars easily.