[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

About people banned for suicide kanna

BuzzubzibizBuzzubzibiz
Reactions: 200
Recently I had been hearing that people that get banned for repeated deaths in recent times have been only receiving 30 days bans now.
This was kind of nice to hear, considering that I couldn't seem to find much information on this subject beyond what they left in the November 15th Maple Memo.
The memo seemed to pretty clearly be saying that they would be leaving the permanent auto ban that occurs when you die too many times too quickly in place, and that the people hit by it before the post was made would remain banned.

Now though, it seems like maybe they've changed that ban to 30 days, in which case, though I don't really agree it should be bannable at all, I am glad for.
I do think a permanent ban is way overkill for something that doesn't: negatively impact the experience of other players, ruin the economy(that reboot doesn't even have), lead to an unreasonable amount of character growth too quickly, etc.

However, what about the people who were banned for dying repeatedly before all this?
I don't think it's a stretch to assume they all still have permanent bans, and if the people getting banned for this after they publicly stated it wasn't allowed get 30 day bans, the people before, should at the very least, get the same right?

After all, back before they made the Maple Memo saying it wasn't allowed, it kind of seemed more like it was.
It had been going on for years, with the only thing resembling a sign that it was bannable being the permanent auto ban, which seemed to be triggered by dying in rapid succession.

But this ban gave a ban reason stating something along the lines of: "Hacking/Illegal use of 3rd party programs".
A person banned by it that wasn't doing anything of the sort would be left to think that it's a very poorly placed automatic ban targeting bots, and it happens to catch players, because both share the same behavior for the sake of continuing to farm in the same area(I'm still fairly certain that's exactly what it was).
A person hearing about this would likely either think the same, or assume that the person banned was lying and that they'll be safe if they don't cheat.
On top of this, I do remember seeing a thread somewhere with a screenshot of nexon support telling someone that it was safe and fine to do
(I do not have the receipts for this though sadly).

So with this thinking, I decided to see if I could find out if they were willing to lighten bans for people who were already hit, and eventually just asked nexon support about it.
Unsurprisingly, couldn't tell me anything, they don't seem to be allowed to reveal much about their inner workings.

They did suggest using this section of the forum to try and make a suggestion to their team though, and that brings me to this thread.

SO, my suggestion is this: regardless of whether or not this stuff about the ban duration change is true, I think something should be done for the people who were banned before that memo(maybe allow people banned in this way to have the ban lifted by contacting support?), and if the ban duration is still permanent, I think that is far too harsh and should really be changed as well.

Maybe this will do something, idk.

If I made grammar errors don't slay me thx.