[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Bera] Is this level of botters normal?

DemikusDemikus
Reactions: 730
edited January 2020 in General Chat
I'm coming back to Maplestory again and didn't want to go back to reboot, I want to be able to trade, and fund low level characters again. I've noticed that there are botters/hackers everywhere, All the theme dungeons I've gone to have been filled with them, jump around to different channels and 70% of them are occupied by them. I went to spiders and after some hopping found an empty channel long enough to find one familiar card before a hacker started sucking all the mobs and stole my map. I'm not working my way through Temple of Time and I keep seeing them blinking around, though these ones don't seem to attack while other players are around.

Is this normal or is it just aggravated by the Tera burning event? Would switching over to one of the other "normal" servers be an option here or is it just as bad on them?
WONDERGUYdarik

Comments

• GPINKSGPINKS
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2020
    I've been posting the same thing about these botters for a long time but GMs do not really care.
    those botters had trashed a lot of items' value in past couple weeks yet no penalty or anything is given.
    GMs don't care because those botters fill up the server and make it look like a lot of people are playing the game but in reality only or even less than 10% of the population are the actual players and rest are all botters.
    Just yesterday i created pathfinder and there were tons of bots even from the very beginning of the game. too many that i can't report each individuals. There are maps where all 20 channels are filled with botters and no burning field is left 24/7 and well what can i say? bad maintenance = ruined game
    darik
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2020
    Demikus wrote: »
    I'm coming back to Maplestory again and didn't want to go back to reboot, I want to be able to trade, and fund low level characters again. I've noticed that there are botters/hackers everywhere, All the theme dungeons I've gone to have been filled with them, jump around to different channels and 70% of them are occupied by them. I went to spiders and after some hopping found an empty channel long enough to find one familiar card before a hacker started sucking all the mobs and stole my map. I'm not working my way through Temple of Time and I keep seeing them blinking around, though these ones don't seem to attack while other players are around.

Is this normal or is it just aggravated by the Tera burning event? Would switching over to one of the other "normal" servers be an option here or is it just as bad on them?

Yes, it's normal. It has always been normal, and will stay normal into the future.
    GPINKS wrote: »
    I've been posting the same thing about these botters for a long time but GMs do not really care.
    those botters had trashed a lot of items' value in past couple weeks yet no penalty or anything is given.
    GMs don't care because those botters fill up the server and make it look like a lot of people are playing the game but in reality only or even less than 10% of the population are the actual players and rest are all botters.
    Just yesterday i created pathfinder and there were tons of bots even from the very beginning of the game. too many that i can't report each individuals. There are maps where all 20 channels are filled with botters and no burning field is left 24/7 and well what can i say? bad maintenance = ruined game

No they've been trashing everything for years. That's why meso economy of GMS is fked beyond repair. They do get "penalty" of getting banned (as seen by ban list) but that doesn't do jack crap to hurt botters. They can simply make a new account, start their bot program and sit back. GMs will tell you to report and that your reporting is very important, but it really isn't. You can report, the reported botter can get banned, but at the end of the day, it doesn't do anything to bring down the bot numbers. So yeah, bad maintenance.
    WONDERGUYLilyflowerdarik
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited January 2020
    It's not just bera that has botters... botters are everywhere, you kick one bot... another bot comes in... it's an endless cycle... also reporting is useless cause it doesn't do anything.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2020
    Demikus wrote: »

welcome to maplestory :D

the bots fund the economy so they will always be there as long as people intend to keep the market alive. nexon will need to make a way to do things so bots wont be needed or in game security like i mentioned in most my previous post. but without in game security bots will always exist.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited January 2020
    @riza more like welcome to botstory.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    Botts would disappear and economy would get fixwd if people stopped buying items from hackers, and mesos from hacking websites, but hey,no one wants to lose a good deal am i right?
    Hackers are there cuz theres demand. No demand =no money earned = moving to another game that can earn them profit.
    They only hack for $ reasons
    LilyflowerDemikus
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited January 2020
    @darik oh yeah... I forgot about hackers cause hackers made bots if I am correct.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2020
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    @riza more like welcome to botstory.

yeah, that's basically everyone's story now a day, no new content nor real experience just botters.
    Lilyflower