[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Crash density

OilSpill5OilSpill5
in General Chat
Hello, I just started playing yesterday, it was pretty fun I didnt even noticed the bots before hand.

Now that Im level 50ish its absolutly impossible to play the game, the bots are in every single channel, Im not able to do quests cause of them, they just keep warpin around the map so fast that you cant even read their names, but it wouldnt matter cause their names are always some random 8-10 characters, like "IjgFoKGLf"

So, I was playing and trying to report some of them, while I was trying to click one of them, something spawned in the map (not the usual -darkness- monster, but a soldier like).

By the time it was only one guy with purple skills flying around, but when this guy spawn, something like 20-30 Red head Kaisers appered in the channel and the game just froze and I had to restart my computer to play... I dont understand how a 10 year old game wont run properly in RX 580 and Ryzen 2600 specs.

Also, are bots allowed or something? Seems a little too much considering theres 20 channels, and all of them there was the exact same build botting.

I managed to take a screenshot, might be the last time I get into the game

54IoLRO.png

Keep in mind, I dont understand what is happening, will I be able to play the game or it is a dead game?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    The game is alive. Ironically, the existence of so many bots proves it's alive: the bots have to have real players to sell their farmed gold (meso) to...
    It's not allowed. Nexon bans them by the thousands, some weeks even a hundred thousand accounts (see the Announcements subforum for weekly ban reports), but unfortunately it is far too easy to create a new account and start up botting again.

The shadowy monster that spawned is called an Elite Boss, and everyone that hits it before it dies gets a special reward box that has a good chance of having something valuable inside. So the bot operator program sent all its bots into the map when this boss spawned. There were likely over 100 characters there, all using hacks, which is why your client was overloaded and crashed. This phenomenon is less common in higher level areas, because not that many bot accounts manage to make it to high level before getting banned.

I recommend trying to avoid a map with a bot in it, as Nexon's auto-ban has been known to mistake innocent bystanders for someone cooperating with the bot or benefitting from its activities. Yes, that means some quest lines might need to be skipped. Sad, but that's the reality of this game.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,655
    edited February 2020
    MapleStory is designed to only use 1 CPU core. (judging from past threads where setting Maple Story to only use 1 core improves performance).
    Also MapleStory doesn't use your graphic card that much in 97% of it total content.

If you want to do quests for the lore in bot infested maps, it is best to do them after a server maintenance since bots won't be online for several hours.