[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

UI Scaling / Rezise UI option

AckinAckin
Reactions: 300
Hello there!

I have searched the forums and all over the game but I can't find a thread that's covering this topic. I would love to see a rezise UI option. The UI is so small my head hurts from trying to read or see anything at all.

Don't suggest i need glasses i already have it and no I don't want my head 2 cm from the screen.

I hope there already is an option that i have missed or els you really need to add it!

Have a good one! / Ackin

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    If you need to keep your head 2cm from the screen perhaps your glasses need to be replaced.
    My vision is 200/20 and 150/20 and I'm able to read the interface without too much trouble.
    A UI resize doesn't seem to be required if you ask me. There are third party solutions for the visually impaired.
    If we ever see the 1080p resolution actually finished maybe we could get a UI resize alongside of that.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    If you need to keep your head 2cm from the screen perhaps your glasses need to be replaced.
    My vision is 200/20 and 150/20 and I'm able to read the interface without too much trouble.
    A UI resize doesn't seem to be required if you ask me. There are third party solutions for the visually impaired.
    If we ever see the 1080p resolution actually finished maybe we could get a UI resize alongside of that.

It's not a matter of visual impairment.
    Maplestory's UI is a fixed number of pixels. Higher-resolution screens pack more pixels into a square inch. This means that a UI element - or word of text - that is one inch wide on your screen, might be 1/4 or even 1/8th of an inch wide on OP's.
    Sadly, Maplestory's "beta" 1080p option doesn't increase the size of UI elements and text, which are the things that most need resizing in order to be legible on 4k or better screens.
    Ackin
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    It's not a matter of visual impairment.
    Maplestory's UI is a fixed number of pixels. Higher-resolution screens pack more pixels into a square inch. This means that a UI element - or word of text - that is one inch wide on your screen, might be 1/4 or even 1/8th of an inch wide on OP's.
    Sadly, Maplestory's "beta" 1080p option doesn't increase the size of UI elements and text, which are the things that most need resizing in order to be legible on 4k or better screens.

Fair point. I hadn't considered playing Maple on anything higher than a 1080p reso monitor.
    I imagine it would be quiet hard to see something of that size. Visual impairment or not.
    I also do not play in the 1080p option as I find it subpar. I'm not opposed to the UI scale.
    But I do think there are more important things that Nexon can be fixing within the same "area" of the game.
    Hopefully someday we'll see a graphical overhaul of MapleStory that finally brings it to the long since (and almost outdated) standard of 1080p.