[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Problem with Screen Size

BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
Reactions: 1,395
edited March 2020 in General Chat
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but how can I set the Display so Windowed Mode is usable? Basically, I have a choice now between a screen that's too small and one that fills the whole screen.

The best advice I've found so far is "1366 x 1080" will make the screen too small in Windowed mode" So what do I set my PC too? Do I set the game to a different setting?

I swear, this stuff reads like stereo instructions.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    You have limited options with the window size, basically the options you see in the menu is what you have.
    I would PERSONALLY suggest using the 1366x768 option as it doesn't stretch anything.
    I use this plus external chat window to make the game feel a little bit more comfy. I have 19" screen with 1080p resolution and this works nicely for me.
    External chat window has the added bonus of being more organized and bigger than the normal chat window as well.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    edited March 2020
    My screen is kind of large. I don't have a ruler handy, but it's about 2 feet wide here.

So, I should set my PC to 1080 or the in-game settings to 1080?

Sorry, I'm not really a computer whiz here...

Edit: Let me put it this way, is there ANY way to simply manually adjust it?

I'm old enough to remember a time when you could just click and drag on the size of a game screen to make it wider, but I guess that would be too easy
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited March 2020
    Your monitor display's resolution settings will determine how much room is available for everything else, such as the game window.

For example, I have my monitor set to 1920x1080, which means if I set the game's resolution to 1920x1080, it will fill up the entire screen, because the size of the game window is the same as the display resolution.

However, if I set the game's resolution to 1024x768, it will take up a little more than a quarter of the screen.

The game's resolution options are basically 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1366x768, and 1920x1080.
    If you don't want the game to take up the whole screen but you still want a decent sized window, just make sure your monitor's resolution has a higher width and height than the game's resolution, but not that much higher.

Or get a second monitor if you can.

I have tried a program called "resize enable" in the past to turn non-resizable windows into resizable windows by dragging the edges and corners as you mentioned, but I never tried it on maplestory since I'm good with it filling up the whole screen. https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11799/turn-non-resizeable-windows-into-rezieable-windows/
    FuhreakBlasterMaster
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    edited March 2020
    Thank you.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited March 2020
    Numbers in AAAA X BBBB is monitor resolution, the common one is 1920x1080. You can check this on by looking at display setting in Windows and its under Display Resolution.

When a monitor is described as X inches, it refers to physical size of the screen diagonally (doesn't affect resolution).

For maple, if you running a 1920x1080 monitor, I would use 1366x768 windowed so it would fit the display without being at fullscreen and should have some space so task bar doesn't overlap to your maple window.
    Fuhreak