[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Revamp PQs

LoOolaLoOola
Reactions: 400
edited March 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
*PLEASE* for the sanity of everyone stuck at home because of coronavirus, revamp PQs so we can actually have fun on MS. I realize it's only the boomer maplers that want this, but this would bring back so many old players! All the new players that like SoloStory can still play that way if they really want and the boomer maplers can play the revamped PQs. Help us help you. Please. For the love of everything.
  1. Who wants a PQ comeback????3 votes
    1. Heck yeah
       100% (3 votes)
    2. No, you boomer. Get outta here with this.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    "This would bring back so many old players!" isn't the argument you need to make.
    Don't make suggestions based on a political, nostalgic, etc reason.
    Make a suggestion because you can logically explain a positive benefit of such a suggestion.
    PQs need a revamp because they're dead content and nobody does them.
    By the time Nexon gets around to doing this Corona Virus will (hopefully) be a thing of the past.
    It would take roughly 6 more months before we saw any PQ changes even if Korea released a patch TODAY.

With the guild revamp dropping in Korea not that long ago, Nexon is clearly trying to correct some of the community problems that they've allowed (SoloStory) to happen over the years. Hopefully party quests won't fall too far behind this.
    I would suggest making them a collective group of weekly rotated quests in the PQ lobby that all share the same prize pool.
    With maybe a few items rotated each week.
    If you start offering some of the same event items in the PQ pool, you just might see players want to do PQs more often.
    Of course, they shouldn't stop there. Revamping each pq to actually be fun is required as well.
    Nobody wants to just run through 5 maps one shotting everything three times a day. (We've already got Monster Park for this, come on Nexon.)

Jump Quests, Puzzles and Co-Operative gameplay are pretty dead in Maple. Party Quests could easily bring this back.
    The reward pool would draw people in initially and Nexon can figure out which party quests people actually like and tweak the unpopular ones from there.
    Making the party quests rely on non-damage related things also gives low level players something to do with their high level player friends without feeling worthless.
    LoOola
  • LoOolaLoOola
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2020
    "This would bring back so many old players!" isn't the argument you need to make.
    Don't make suggestions based on a political, nostalgic, etc reason.
    Make a suggestion because you can logically explain a positive benefit of such a suggestion.
    PQs need a revamp because they're dead content and nobody does them.
    By the time Nexon gets around to doing this Corona Virus will (hopefully) be a thing of the past.
    It would take roughly 6 more months before we saw any PQ changes even if Korea released a patch TODAY.

With the guild revamp dropping in Korea not that long ago, Nexon is clearly trying to correct some of the community problems that they've allowed (SoloStory) to happen over the years. Hopefully party quests won't fall too far behind this.
    I would suggest making them a collective group of weekly rotated quests in the PQ lobby that all share the same prize pool.
    With maybe a few items rotated each week.
    If you start offering some of the same event items in the PQ pool, you just might see players want to do PQs more often.
    Of course, they shouldn't stop there. Revamping each pq to actually be fun is required as well.
    Nobody wants to just run through 5 maps one shotting everything three times a day. (We've already got Monster Park for this, come on Nexon.)

Jump Quests, Puzzles and Co-Operative gameplay are pretty dead in Maple. Party Quests could easily bring this back.
    The reward pool would draw people in initially and Nexon can figure out which party quests people actually like and tweak the unpopular ones from there.
    Making the party quests rely on non-damage related things also gives low level players something to do with their high level player friends without feeling worthless.[/quote]

Hey man I'm just trying to grab their attention lol there must be some reason why they aren't fixing this and highlighting the fact that it could bring more players back to ms seemed like a solid incentive. But I thank you for making this post more relevant and logical. I agree and love all of your suggestions. My b for being a mega maple boomer my guy :-)