[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Weird node bug

TamireliaTamirelia
Reactions: 1,335
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Gameplay (I guess?)

Brief Bug Summary: The game froze and seems to have sent me high into the air when I tried to max a boost node, then did a GM Police DC when I came back, despite these only ever happening while killing monsters.

More Details: The specific boost node is Rocket Explosive Cannon Barrage (boosts Cannon Barrage, Cannon Bazooka, and Cannon Blaster). I had enough boost nodes to level it up to 25 but decided against it since I still need to get a perfect trinode. It's currently at 97.4% exp, and if I try to add another Cannon Barrage node in there, it gives me a popup, telling me I'd be wasting exp, freezes my game until I hit escape, and seems to have sent me high into the air. I was doing it in Chuchu, not sure if it matters, and it was hard to tell since the windows were in the way and I couldn't move them, but I definitely fell when I unfroze. It's a very weird, extremely specific and difficult to reproduce bug.

Steps to Reproduce: Try and level a boost node to 25 (I guess with a little extra EXP)

Character Name: Tamirelia

Character Level: 250

Character Job: Cannon Master

World name: Elysium

Date and time of incident: April 4th, about 12:45am EST (April 3rd, about 9:45pm PST).