[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do I play with friends?

radorno99radorno99
Reactions: 300
in General Chat
Hi guys!

Me and my best friend are coming back into Maple after years and years of not playing and we wanna start together and enjoy getting all the way up to max level!

I noticed that the only actual PQs are for lvl 50+, so this might seem like a stupid question, but how is it that we can actually play together? We’ve tried just simply accepting the same quests while in a party, but it kicks us out saying we can party up in certain maps? We remember the game being really multiplayer friendly so that’s why I’ve come to the discussion space!

Thanks, hope you can help out!

Comments

• LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited April 2020
    Well getting lvl 50 doesn't take that long and doing theme dungeons as a group is quite fun anyways.
    Pqs aren't the way they used to be, they're way quicker to do and most stages are just clearing mobs with 1 hit.
    Bosses are nice multiplayer content, up to Root abyss normal ones they are quite much soloed all the way but arkarium, hard von Leon, Normal magnus, etc... are quite nice with party.
    And ofc you can have fun getting legion mules to 140 (going to 200 right away is recommended) and you get links to 120 along that
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    The theme dungeons that are level 30-59 are instanced, meaning you can't party up in them. For most quests you can do them while in a party.
    Mostly you'll be playing legion mules together leveling to anywhere from 140 to 210. Outside of that bossing will be your main way to spend time with friends.
    Level 200+ has a few dailies that can be done easier with friends.
    My advice would be to just find a map that works for you and your friend(s) and just shoot the breeze without worrying about quests all that much.