[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

South America realm - gameplay quality

Yuiko20Yuiko20
Reactions: 700
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've been thinking recently, given we have Europe and NA Realms, and also people coming from MS2, it would be a good idea to create SA realm too. I see (even though I haven't joined them) that there are indeed many active guilds for south americans on reboot, such as Hermandad, BrazilEmpire, GameOver, and others (not mentioning people from regular servers, as I don't know much about them). I think we do have a decent playerbase, at least compared to the European realm.

This is a good suggestion for 2 main reasons:

The first of them and not so important would be the NX price. SA countries, most of them are in financial crisis due to corona virus and political unstability, making our "whale" (reffering to whale as, players who are committed to spending NX in regular servers in order to become stronger) playerbase weaker, especially in regular servers (fixed in MapleStory 2 by Jungsoo Lee c:).

But the most important of the two reasons is: LAG. It makes some classes unplayable for us, just the same trouble players from Australia deal with. We can't do bossing in our kannas, we can't play several classes such as the ones listed in this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/77qrj9/help_me_with_my_class_tier_list_based_on_ping/ (kinesis, dawn warrior, battle mage, blaze wizard are the worst, I tried some of them by myself though, to live the worst gameplay moments possible)

Also, some of us do have the language barrier, and thus can't interact with NA players because of that (it does not happen to me though).

So the solution is somewhat simple, just like MapleStory 2 (yeah, a different game, but also from Nexon) had, we should add a South America realm with two worlds: a regular one (heh, name it Orion just like it was back in 2008), and a Reboot server to match its different playstyle (for people just like me, who spends tons of NX in comestics, and like the solo gameplay reboot brings).

The most important of all, is that we are unable to play certain classes in NA, due to the bad latency we get. So even with the same NX price and without world transfer, I'd gladly migrate from NA to SA.

But yeah, adding a world transfer option, for both servers, is a very good idea (at least for people playing on regular servers as they might have spent a lot more than us from reboot, even though for economic/meso reasons, transferring from reboot is easier) and people would love that.

Just a short background story, MapleStory had been once in Brazil, long ago, from 2008 to 2011. But like MapleSEA, it wasn't managed by Nexon, but rather by a weaker company (not talking about MSEA anymore, it doesn't seem to be managed by a weak company), called LevelUp! Games (that's why I mentioned Orion name above). The game wasn't bad populated, but just so poorly managed it closed. If Nexon hosted a server/realm located anywhere in SA inside GMS, probably people who played LevelUp! Games BrazilMS would join GMS for nostalgia (plus current SA players). And about that I'm kinda sure. Still nowadays, I see random people mentioning MS in other games.

So this is just a suggestion for the Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update, that would bring people together, even with no game translation, special NX price and other fancy stuff MS2 had.

Quick update. For people from outside south america, but living in south america: feel free to vote as well.
  1. as a south american living in south america, would you play in the new SA realm?6 votes
    1. yes (reboot or regular) even without world transfer
       67% (4 votes)
    2. yes (reboot or regular) only if I could transfer my characters
       0% (0 votes)
    3. no
       33% (2 votes)