[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tired Viking Familiar Missing

ProtectEUProtectEU
Reactions: 930
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting
Hello,

Firstly, I'm aware of the recent droprate changes, however this issue was present before the droprate changes were applied. In Mushroom Kingdom, all familiars drop and continue to drop without issue, including the boss. Tired Vikings however, simply do not drop it.

Factors that lead me to this assumption:

- There is plenty spawn in the map, I also frenzy so the kill rate is high.
- Prior to the droprate change, I grinded in the map for 4 hours with the following: 180% drop gear, Lucky winter coupon, wealth acquisition, 2 familiars with 10% item acquisition and a cash shop 2x drop coupon.
- Because I am level 252, no mesos drop, meaning I could clearly see any drops which landed, and I regularly looted the map with my pets, as there are many buildings in the foreground which hide drops.

The reason I exerted this much effort for this familiar was because it was legit the last familiar I needed for 10 badges. I even tried the map before this map, which had a mixture of exhausted and tired vikings. And I got multiple exhausted viking familiar cards in no time... lol

I simply ask the drop table for tired vikings to be verified. I don't care if it's a 0.000000001% chance. I just need to know there is actually obtainable. I tried addressing this in a ticket to Nexon, but they just ignored the circumstances as 'Sorry you're disappointed, this game has random chance huehuehue', rather than regarding the specifics of the situation which highlight a real possibility that this particular familiar is not in the mobs drop table.

To anyone reading this, if you have had luck in finding this familiar, I would like to hear from you and the circumstances in which you got this (I saw someone else post in the forum a few days ago about this particular mob, which supports the theory, as I haven't been vocal about it publicly, yet they felt the need to mention this exact mob too lol).

Thanks,

Protect, Luna EU

Comments

• ProtectEUProtectEU
    Reactions: 930
    edited April 2020
    So, a little update regarding this situation. I brought it up to Nexon and they initially just told me that drops are random. I then highlighted the specific circumstances above, which elicited this reply:
    Thank you for keeping in touch with us and I apologize for the delay.

I understand that you wish to get the Tired Viking familiar. As was previously stated by GM Aobmag, getting the Familiar depends on randomness, luck, or "RNG" as what it is usually called. There were players that were able to get them right away while there some that took a while. Regardless, I can confirm that this familiar do drop what you are looking for.

As a side note, please be informed that the Familiar system has been disabled temporarily while we resolve issues causing Familiar data loss. Items related to the Familiar system have been removed from the Cash Shop during this time. Using a Familiar item may prevent you from taking further actions. If this occurs, close MapleStory and log back in to resolve.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding on this matter.

Now, I'm not calling them a liar, but I also checked the official Maplestory Discord (via search function) and several people were asking about the exact same familiar. I believe a moderator even pointed them to this thread.

I'm worried, because of the CS reply I got, they simply aren't taking it seriously and making the assumption that the drop must exist, and I'm just a salty player because I did not find it. But it's not just me, it's many people and I reiterate, my first session of trying was before the drop rate nerf.

I hope this can be conveyed to the correct team, because I legit have spent NX and time looking for something which doesn't seem to be there, and having them say it is, just encourages me to keep trying, possibility wasting my time and effort further because they didn't actually check the drop table, just made an assumption that I'm impatient about the randomness of drops =.=.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct. I did an experiment today, for 1 hour, I spent my time in Mushroom Kingdom (post droprate nerf) In that time, I found all the other familiars and multiple exhausted ones (within 30 minutes) and then dedicated about 30 minutes to just tired, yielding nothing.

I hope this can be addressed, as it's really unfair on the player base to seemingly dismiss actual bugs and encourage them to continue in vain.
  • PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited September 2020
    Well, it seems like this issue was solved. I have just dropped a Tired Viking familiar.