[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Possible Error with Maha's Carnage

LLVLLV
Reactions: 845
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting
I would like to have one of the 5th job skills from Aran, "Maha's Carnage" to be looked into. I have been experiencing excessive disconnection issues (which I tried to solve by fully shutting down PC and restarting for every run, turning down graphics, muting the game, etc) on Aran, and I have consulted other Aran mains to see if they have any ideas about what may be causing this problem. One of the players I have interacted with told me that it is possible that the aforementioned skill is causing a disconnection.

Ever since hearing that, I have been paying close attention on my run (which still dc's often). I kept Task Manager open so I could keep an eye on memory as well. I have tried to do hard boss runs without using Maha's Carnage at all, and I haven't disconnected from any of the runs by far. Meanwhile, the disconnection started to happen when I used the skill in other runs. After using Maha's Carnage, I've had multiple instances where the game goes back to "Unable to connect to the server" in 1~5 seconds after.

The memory after I start the game usually stays around 1260 MB ~ 1480 MB, and after the boss run that I used Maha's Carnage multiple times and have somehow survived without DCing, the memory was at 1700~1800 MB, or higher in laggier bosses like Hard Lucid.

While these are my observations at best and I cannot confidently say that Maha's Carnage is the no.1 culprit of my disconnection issues, for the experience I have mentioned above, I theorize that:

1) Maha's Carnage's animation makes the game go unstable, causing disconnection shortly after (if not immediately).
2) Maha's Carnage does not directly negatively affect the game's performance, but it puts high pressure on memory, leading to an increase of memory which may cause a memory leak or a disconnection.
3) Both of the above

I felt the necessity to have this brought to attention as I have interacted with other Aran players who say "there has been a time where I dc'd with Aran every week". Thank you in advance.