[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Evan bug: Quest: The Past, Onyx Dragons...

Corinne_Corinne_
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Unable to finish a quest

Brief bug summary: In the Evan character, accepting the quest "The Past, Onyx Dragons, and the Black Mage" transfers you into a cutscene from the past. You're supposed to speak to Afrien the dragon in the past, and he has a large "click" sign above him, but when you click on him, nothing happens. I can't make the quest proceed past this point no matter where I click or what buttons I press. I don't think it was an issue with my connectivity, as I had no issues with my Internet at the time and was able to reproduce the glitch multiple times.

More details:

I have a video of the glitch in action:

Steps to reproduce:
1. As Evan, accept the quest "The Past, Onyx Dragons, and the Black Mage" from Afrien the dragon on the secret island
2. After Afrien finishes describing the quest, you are automatically transported to a cutscene in the past
3. From there, the quest is stuck and doesn't progress further

Character name: MadnessOtaku

Character level: 73

Character job: Evan

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: May 9, 2020 9:30 AM PST (but I also had this glitch last night, 5/8/2020 at about 7 PM PST)

Thank you very much in advance for helping out with this issue.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited May 2020
    Try using the npc chat button on your keyboard and walking everywhere while using it.

Try restarting your computer if you are using window 7.
    Try doing a full shutdown of your computer if you are using window 8/10 by holding shift when selecting the shutdown button in the start window (normal shutdown is completely different function wise and does not help)