[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Are beast tamers still getting banned for mobbing?

OhGodWhyMEOhGodWhyME
Reactions: 555
edited May 2020 in General Chat
https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/d07t5d/beast_tamers_may_trigger_false_bans/

I saw this post and I was wondering if beast tamers still trigger false bans? It's my secondary character that I really like and I don't want to continue it if I'm going to get banned for simply playing the class.

Thank you.
  1. Are Beast Tamers still getting falsely banned for Mob Pushing?3 votes
    1. Yes, they are.
       33% (1 vote)
    2. No they are not.
       67% (2 votes)

Comments

• rebuiltrebuilt
    Reactions: 615
    edited May 2020
    i think this one is highly dependent on the user (connection, ping, computer, world pop), unfortunately

i am a higher-level beast tamer main on elysium and almost never experience lag spikes like the one in the video you linked to; i can't speak for everyone but i can speak to my own experience and say that i have not personally had any issues like this in playing my beast tamer (i frequently use v skills like aerial reinforcements and cub cavalry with no issue)

i hope i never have an issue going forward! fingers crossed, thank you for posting
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    Keep in mind that was posted 8 months ago and so far the only character that gets consistently false banned is Kanna.
    As a Beast Tamer main (22X realm) I've had no problems so far, even using Cub Cavalry during some laggy times. Guess in the end its all bad luck, that and being in Elysium probably helps. Who really knows at this point.
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    My bishop of level 232 account was banned falsely today in Elysium. I found this post through searching if anyone else has had this problem. I do have beast tamers and kannas but I still have no idea why they would ban it, I was just online overnight on my bishop.
    Did they solve your problem as of yet? And what happened? In any case I wish you luck. I'm just hoping this is another one of those false ban glitches they have sometimes. Trust me my heart just sank. Over 10 + years of hard work and spending nx and poof....unreal. :(
    So now I wait for them to answer the ticket. My husband and I were hoping to get the Nexon support chat to talk to a live person but they stopped doing it due to Covid 19. (In hindsight can't they do that on a computer from home too) Made no sense to me but I'm trying to stay positive.
  • ThonanyThonany
    Reactions: 600
    My bishop of level 232 account was banned falsely today in Elysium. I found this post through searching if anyone else has had this problem. I do have beast tamers and kannas but I still have no idea why they would ban it, I was just online overnight on my bishop.
    Did they solve your problem as of yet? And what happened? In any case I wish you luck. I'm just hoping this is another one of those false ban glitches they have sometimes. Trust me my heart just sank. Over 10 + years of hard work and spending nx and poof....unreal. :(
    So now I wait for them to answer the ticket. My husband and I were hoping to get the Nexon support chat to talk to a live person but they stopped doing it due to Covid 19. (In hindsight can't they do that on a computer from home too) Made no sense to me but I'm trying to stay positive.

dude i'm in the same problem they falsely banned me today too
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    Seriously? Wow that's three people so far that we have talked to about it. I started a thread in the bug report category by the way. But geesh, this seems to be an ongoing thing now. At least we know we aren't alone right?
    Did you log a ticket yet? And what did they say? They told me there was definitely a third party program and there is literally nothing on both computers my husband and I use. After being legit for 10+ years and leading a guild I made back in 2010 I don't see those things as actions that anyone being a hacker would do. I'm sorry but I'm extremely disappointed in thier system. I'm angered because that account means alot to me sentimentally and to lose it is like losing a piece of myself. I realize that if they don't decide to unban it I am going to quit permanently and my husband probably will too. He's 234 and number 1 Mihile in Elysium. It will be hard to move on but maybe this is a sign,when they start in with banning legit players and not listening to thier faithful clientele they had for over a decade you know something is not right.
    Good luck, let me know how it goes!