[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anti-AFK mobs and Lag

OkitsMsOkitsMs
Reactions: 885
edited May 2020 in General Chat
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed the increase in server lag that started since the last maintenance. However, there have been multiple times where the server seems to freeze up, and your character is just sitting duck on the map.

This wouldn't be much of a problem, but when you're in a training map with those annoying "anti-AFK" creatures spawning which causes you to die, then it becomes a problem. Yes, you can just close your game, but judging by the server lag, your character probably wouldn't even register as logged out in real-time for the server.

This is very frustrating because it takes a long time to gain exp, especially when you're above level 200.

Honestly, I don't even understand why we even have those anti-afk thing here in GMS..maybe map hogging is a real problem in KMS but definitely not here. If you're so concerned about people hogging maps during 2x event, just activate the anti afk creatures DURING/BEFORE 2x.

Nexon, please get rid of this attitude of "we rather hit everyone, than miss one" crap. You're punishing the entire game population for a few bad apples.
SavageSnowMawg
  1. Get rid of anti-afk creatures?9 votes
    1. Yes
       78% (7 votes)
    2. No
       22% (2 votes)

Comments

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020
    honestly, I don't know what to say about this game anymore, to be honest. but most I can say is just hope they get it together.

I invested a lot into this game but I do feel that the creators and people who run it just don't care and will bother really fixing the experience.

But that's from my experience playing in laggy servers, having hackers and scammers ruin the game, and just overall bad experience.

Just hope the update rise helps us riz a to it and get back on track.
    Mawg
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited May 2020
    OkitsMs wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't even understand why we even have those anti-afk thing here in GMS..maybe map hogging is a real problem in KMS but definitely not here. If you're so concerned about people hogging maps during 2x event, just activate the anti afk creatures DURING/BEFORE 2x.

On Reboot, every decent Arcana map is full nearly 24/24 7 days a week without 2x event
    On days with 2x events, you have to get a map 4 hours early in Lachelain and your only chance of getting an Arcana one is for your guildies to fall asleep and lend it to you
    I don't know what their primary purpose is but they seem most efficient at killing Kanna mules and people leeching exp (which aligns with the several changes to party exp distribution).

My main concerns with the anti-afk mob would rather be Demon Avengers getting one-hit killed by them while under their 5th job skill that leech life and dying to them while climbing Dark World Tree for the 5th job change quest.

• LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited May 2020
    Those don't even spawn that often and basically only reason they exist is that arcane river mobs hit 1 if you have enough AF so you could really afk grind there.
    The afk blockers in haven and DWT are bit useless.
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited May 2020
    Latemaster wrote: »
    Those don't even spawn that often and basically only reason they exist is that arcane river mobs hit 1 if you have enough AF so you could really afk grind there.
    The afk blockers in haven and DWT are bit useless.

AFK grinding? You mean like AFK while killing mobs on the map? I'm not what you mean by that unless you have a magic program that allows you to bot a map w.o having to be actually playing.

Also, if you're already killing mobs on the map, how does the anti-afk mob prevent you from AFK "TRAINING". The last time I checked, these mobs don't exactly take much to kill, so if you're already killing things, chances are, they will die with w.e else is on the map. The only reason these mobs exist in GMS is to create an extra annoyance for players.

They're a lot more cons that come with these anti-afk mobs than pros.

Honestly, these anti-afk mobs on its own is not a problem. However, when accompanied by game lag...they become a problem. Sadly Maplestory is a laggy game...so unless there's an actual valid reason for these mobs to be around in GMS, then please get rid of them. If reboot server is having such a big problem with map scarcity, then keep these mobs in reboot.
  • UhohlehotdogUhohlehotdog
    Reactions: 410
    edited May 2020
    They’re so annoying as a fresh lvl 200 in vanishing journey. I could spawn in and theyd be on top of me, smack me once and the anti-afk mob’s potion debuff kicks in and sometimes die just because every mob on the map also likes to turn me into target practice. If they get rid of that potion debuff it would ease the situation