[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gameguard not launching

whotookmyignwhotookmyign
Reactions: 300
edited May 2020 in Tech Support
G'day everyone,

I have tried everything to get this game to work from deleting the game and reinstalling dozens of times, deleting black cipher files and repairing, repairing the game, turning my anti-virus off, clean boot, release/renew IP etc and I still am running into an issue with being disconnected within 10 seconds of my character logging in.

It's honestly becoming a joke, all I want to do is play.

I have tried playing it on 3 different PCs and everyone has the same NGS update error: 0xe1000502(-520092414) which I'm guessing is caused by gameguard not launching.

The worst part is every now and then it miraculously works and I get to play for a couple of hours and then boom for a day or two I get nothing but this error code.

I have been in touch with nexon, done everything they have suggested and their replies are almost at a point of replaying now. I have even been told to just reinstall the game even after telling them I have done that DOZENS of times.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

PS: I might be blind and not seeing it but it seems there is no option to allow anything maplestory or nexon related through my firewall either as someone has previously suggested