[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Need help deciding on a main, Reboot

ReignOfHellReignOfHell
Reactions: 300
in General Chat
I have currently decided to re-start my entire account on the Reboot server, using a 2nd pc for HS/Kishin to get my link mules to 70-120 asap. Will most likely be focusing on Link mules first, so it won't be a huge problem to get to 4th. (mainly because i wasted all my Reboot boxes, and now I'm broke and low damage)

I have narrowed my possible Mains down to this list, could someone give me the pros and cons of each? (Will be HOPEFULLY getting to 200+)

(Please don't say 'Gets good 5th job' because... I really don't wanna suffer through 190 levels (especially from 170-200) with another Kanna.. Once was enough there.)

Shade (Not the top of my choices, but I've heard it is near invincible early/mid 4th),

Buccaneer (Tried it a long time ago, wondering if anything has changed),

Corsair (Never made one, but I've seen that it's a 'mobile class'),

TBreaker (Cygnus class, so no Mastery books are definitely a selling point),

Blaster (Tried it once, was hell on my hands, but wondered if it got a revamp?),

BaMage (I've heard it uses basically the same skill til 200, so this is just a 'maybe'),

Xenon (NGL, sounds like one i'd consider above them all... however... %All stats isn't exactly cheap to fund, and it's damage HEAVILY depends on it),

Night Lord (again, very expensive class, was just putting it there as a 'long run', i ATTEMPTED making one wayy back when reaching 30 was as hard as reaching 70 now),

Shadower (I've heard its one of the most tanky Thief class chars),

Of this list, which is considered 'better' for Bossing/Mobbing together? I will be doing all daily bosses + Commerci + grinding on normal mobs.

Also which of these have vertical AND Horizontal mobbing skills, and are 'stand and spam' vs 'jump and attack' class.

Comments

• NatondinNatondin
    Reactions: 820
    edited May 2020
    Battle Mage used to be my main, made 3 and got em all to 180+. However, that was years ago and I guess they have scaled so poorly with the power creep that they are somewhat worthless now damage-wise. Skills are fun and supports are good, and knockback resistance, while only having like one or two active buffs. Good mobbing horizontally because teleport that does damage and easy chain into main attack. Ez pz but weak now. Thats kinda the only one on this list I have experience with, never got one to 5th job as I played em before that came out. They havent been changed since then anyway.