[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Reebot] Pass equips through storage

TitoKRTitoKR
Reactions: 900
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
[Reebot]
What if we could pass equips through the storage?
I mean they are mine, I got/dropped em ^^
Sometimes I do like Madman Ranmaru and get a 150 cool item or the other boss ones, got a 100% pot rank up from RA boxes (3 cubes a legendary? pretty good for mid game characters xD), for example, and i get a decent flamed equip. Then I'm like, oh i could use that on my legion/link/mule up until 150, 200 or 210 (w/e) it would be fine, but i can't pass my own equips that I earned to my legion/link/mule to help my main's progression

Ps: First post here even though I'm a old player (since 2010), so yea maybe i still have that f2p mindset from normal servers of saving a medium gear and then create a char. I've always been f2p so when i switched to reboot it was the best thing i've done because is so much easier to get stuff (i was stuck on my 211 epic gear main farming gollux labirinth for master cubes lol), but there is this thing that bothers me, i really want to not waste the few other class weapons i end up getting that are usefull for low lvl chars.
We would still be uncapable of trading/droping and all that, so the items wouldn' t leave our account

Would this idea be good for Reboot players? Especially for the new/old returning ones that don't have full link/legion yet.

Please leave your thoughts down below, I would apreciate it so much! ^^

1. Pass equips through storage would be good for Reboot players?12 votes
    1. Yes
       17% (2 votes)
    2. No
       83% (10 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    It should not and hopefully will not, ever happen.
    One of the biggest appeals of Reboot is that if you see a high level character rolling around with whatever gear, you an be sure that character earned it.
    If you want item trading, play Normal servers. Plain and simple. Reboot has to have draw backs otherwise what would even be the point?
    Remember, this isn't supposed to be the "free to play server" it's the "Work hard and earn everything" server.
    AaronHuskyHuskyDM
  • TitoKRTitoKR
    edited June 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    It should not and hopefully will not, ever happen.
    One of the biggest appeals of Reboot is that if you see a high level character rolling around with whatever gear, you an be sure that character earned it.
    If you want item trading, play Normal servers. Plain and simple. Reboot has to have draw backs otherwise what would even be the point?
    Remember, this isn't supposed to be the "free to play server" it's the "Work hard and earn everything" server.

Thanks for your reply!

So..
    I mean, maybe this is more accurate:
    "One of the biggest appeals of Reboot is that if you see a high level character rolling around with whatever gear, you an be sure that arkanna earned it."
    Going along this way of thinking, we should have no storage at all, so then finally you could say a character really earned that. Otherwise is the player who has a good farming character to get resources to their account (this would require a lot of changes, minimum decent kish/spawn rate rework and etc, but that is not the point). Besides, what i said was about mid game gear for links and legion, talking about pre lvl 200 stuff (wich most players don't even consider as real playing "the game starts at 200"). And i never mentioned item trading.

I really thought to say somethig along the lines of: Don't tell me to play another server but "nah, if someone is on a forum should know how to suggest things to improve the reboot without comparing to normal servers" but it doesn't seems like it is true.

So, my point is: the focus is (or should be) on the character or the player? The game should be more enjoyable for each character alone or to the player behind the screen?
    Without server comparisons, I would like to transfer my crap mid game gear to my links if possible, and that is the idea. I am not thinking of gear like CRA and above, neither of quests rewards/quest shop items, wich really should be untradeable. But why don't allow me to passa a lvl 120-140 or even maybe boss gear, for example?

This would be really helpfull for the average players
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    The very purpose of reboot is to build up each character individually. Yes, mesos and etc/use items can be transferred but that's not as big an effect as being able to just deck out every mule in cra gear via your main. And it doesn't matter one bit what you plan to do, it's the fact that most other people would do exactly that.

Once again, suggestions like this fly in the face of the very concept and purpose of reboot.
    FuhreakHHG1
  • TitoKRTitoKR
    edited June 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The very purpose of reboot is to build up each character individually. Yes, mesos and etc/use items can be transferred but that's not as big an effect as being able to just deck out every mule in cra gear via your main. And it doesn't matter one bit what you plan to do, it's the fact that most other people would do exactly that.

Once again, suggestions like this fly in the face of the very concept and purpose of reboot.

The fact is: if you have a farmer, you can't say you are building each character individually.
    I see you made a comparison between something very impactfull (or farming nodes/droplets on kanna isn't impactfull? - but again, talking about post 200 stuff) and something i just said it's not my idea. Do you guys even read? Not to mention you saying mesos aren't impactfull.

Once again, CRA, abso, umbras, coin shops and stuff will be untradeable - so each character will still need to earn every endgame stuff. So it wouldn't be possible to do this "every mule on cra gear", and that is not the purpose of the change.
    And no, to be clear, people wouldn't be able to do that because the equips you are talking about wouldn't be shareable through storage. That would not be a optional thing.
    There is still room to improve. Server fullness and latency are not the only issues to be solved in the game. And yes, i think this idea would make the early game much more enjoyable than what it is right now.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    We read just fine. We've also seen about a dozen variations of this suggestion since 2015 and each one has been shot down for the same reason. Reboot does not allow trading, does not allow gearing up other characters via a single character. This is not changing.
    Fuhreak