[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

A message to Nexon.

Comments

• LordOchanLordOchan
    Reactions: 410
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

Yunior
    Yunior said:

If they were to revert back to boat rides it would take even longer to do things in the game. I already spend like 30 minutes extracting all items from my bossing runs...
    If they were to revert back to boat rides being the ONLY way between continents, people would still find a way around it.

Case in point, the method to avoid boat rides back when the Resistance classes were released was to go to Ludibrium, head down to Korean Folk Town, take that to Aquarium, that to Orbis, then take Ace's airship to Edelstein, then from Edelstein to Victoria Island.

I know this must come as a complete shock to your very way of life, OP, but people did anything possible to avoid the half-hour-long boat rides(of which multiple were often required to get where you wanted to be). They were doing it before the Dimensional Mirror was ever a thing. This isn't some newfangled problem that sprang up overnight as soon as Big Bang went live. People have always tried their hardest to avoid boat rides when and wherever possible.
    That's not true at all. In certain cases like if a friend was being ksed in another world and you had to RUSH to them, sure it would be a problem. You're making a huge misconception about the boat rides being the only transportation. It not only created a huge social interaction between players, but it also made you think logically of how you would play. If you wanted to train your character and test your strength in El Nath, you had to really think if you wanted to go make that trip. It wasn't a bad thing at all, it made it more immersive. Now you can go anywhere in the blink of an eye. I know the truth hurts, you're just countering what I'm saying because you suck Nexon's and think your ego is huge in this forum, but you won't put me down or my ideas, or the 72% of Maplestory that agrees with me.
  • LordOchanLordOchan
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

even if they "nerfed" the pantheon portal, the maple guide still allows teleportation so....
    Get rid of that too, people do I have to think for you? Come on think for yourself and open your mind.
  • LordOchanLordOchan
    edited September 2016
    Neospector

[ModDuties]Heyoo, I removed the curse words. Keep it together, mate.[/ModDuties]

Also, Bowmaster? Marksman? Suck? They're two of the most powerful bossing classes in the game. Additionally, KMS just made a change to their Tespia server that allows you to travel to any of the locations on the Maple Guide, regardless of level, as long as you've obtained the completion stamp for that content. So tricks with the Pantheon portal are probably the least of your worries.
    Overall, for your rant...
    There is no way in the seventh layer of hell that modern BM/MM is better than pre bb BM/MM. I'm saying this as an unbiased researcher, literally the skills they had were better. What type of is Arrow Stream? It's a warrior move for a BM, they got rid of Pheonix and Frostprey, not to mention just about every 4th job class had a mission to obtain their skills. You had to fight your bird to obtain it. Bishops were the hardest because you had to get a party to go Horntail just to get your Genesis skill. Everything was more challenging and exciting, and that is me being unbiased towards the game and company, not to mention the 72% of players that have said so as well. There's a bigger fanbase of old maple than you think. Every skill is just handed to you on a silver platter now, you never have to work for anything except for cubes which costs real money. I feel bad for people who don't think for themselves.
  • LordOchanLordOchan
    edited September 2016
    Overall what a sad group comment section this turned out to be. It's really sad to see how everyone is so one-track mind about the game and content with it's products. Instead of addressing the problems and talking about them, you want to avoid them and just 'deal with it'. That's a horrible solution and all of the people like you here are the reason the game is going to and will stay .
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited September 2016
    LordOchan
    LordOchan said:

Show me where I had bad grammar. You not being able to read isn't an excuse to make for me writing correctly.
    Okay.
    LordOchan
    LordOchan said:

you're sitting there for 30 minutes with your in your hand trying to upgrade things.
    LordOchan
    LordOchan said:

I anticipate it, everyone's a and I'm just saying what 72% of players don't have the balls to say.
    Your grammar isn't flawless dude. But I'm pretty sure they were referring to your massive wall of text, which could've been split up into segments. Learn how to use your enter key (or enter + shift like I do.)

Your "never wrong" attitude is, put nicely, irritating. It'd be nice if you could take advice from people in this thread.
    Where do you get your statistics from? You just SAID you interviewed people and gave a statistic, but for all I know it could be made up. Which I'm more inclined to believe it is. You give absolutely no evidence where such a staggering number like 72% (a number you keep ABUSING might I add) even comes from.

The amount of years you've played mean nothing, how do you know anyone here hasn't played just as long as you? You're just being hostile because people aren't agreeing with you -- sorry, but learn to deal with the fact not everyone has the same opinion and will argue with yours.

Sorry again, but you aren't right. With the way the majority of the playerbase is now, bringing back those elements will honestly do nothing. The playerbase is smaller than what it used to be years ago, so chances are people will afk on the boat rides and it'll only be 2-3 people there. The game is more anti-social, and that's how things have evolved into. Your solution is merely a band-aid on a gunshot wound.

Players will get angry at Nexon for ever removing such a convenient time saver, until the point where Nexon would have to come to a compromise. Do you want another Kishin incident?

You think people are ignoring the issues in this game? REALLY? You clearly have NOT been here that long then, because people do nothing but scream at Nexon for their mistakes until they fix them. You think we haven't tried to get Nexon to hear our voices about the problems with the game? I browsed the forums for years and all I EVER heard were people angry at Nexon for something.

And before you say I'm "kissing Nexon's" or whatever, I haven't played the game in almost a year now. The only reason I'm posting this is because your arrogance, and ignorance, is quite appalling.

Also, quit posting so much. Try and keep it all in one reply, okay?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Slow travel encouraged social interaction? I have to laugh. So many times I tried recruiting people to PQ's, back in glorious pre-BB, only to have them say "it would take me too long to get there."

But since you did research and stuff, I'm sure we'd all love to see it, not in the form of a rant. Maybe if you write it up scientifically enough, you can convince Nexon.
    Tell us stuff like:
    How many people were interviewed? What where their ages, experience in Maple, experience with other games, any other demographic info?
    What questions were asked? Were they open or was there a choice of answers? Can you show a correlation between the answers to different questions, and to demographic data?
    Anyone can declaim "72% of maplers want the game back as it was when it came out of Beta, with only Victoria Island". But can you prove it? Without cursing?

(Also, @Uzume : those examples of his "bad grammar" are actually the new forum's censor. Instead of replacing bad words with **** it just deletes them entirely. Try rereading those examples you quoted, but inserting a bad word where the sentence structure breaks down (e.g., "with your [body part] in your hand").)
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited September 2016
    Close reason
    "Rants" does not mean "Rude". We are all people behind the keyboard. Most of the people here are polite, courteous, and friendly. They are posting because they are upset about an issue. Please take this into consideration when you respond - if you treat others with respect, they will show you the same consideration.
    Please don't use a condescending tone when interacting with other members of the forum, that includes calling people names and ridiculing them. Opinions are welcomed. However, we do expect you to respect the opinions of others, even if you do not agree with them. Please don’t provide facts without backing them up, we view this as spreading false information that might confuse some players. Speculations should not be posted as facts.

We also want everyone to use the edit button to avoid multi-posting.

Lilyflower
This discussion has been closed.