[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mage Teleport Rework

EbiEbi
Reactions: 400
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi!

As a player who has played maple for a very long time since before pirates were released, teleport's mechanic has not changed at all. In particular, as a F/P main who switched from I/L, the teleport range is way too small. The explorer class mages should have an innate increase in teleport range as they level up, or have F/P at least match I/L so that we have more mobility to teleport up platforms. It feels bad when I'm walking across a huge map, and my friends are flash jumping and get way farther than I do.

Just another example of outdated teleport mechanic, at chuchu during hard muto, moving around chuchu island in general with the paths that push the player upward to higher platforms, it becomes incredibly clunky to move around that. I can't jump over it like other players with flash jump, and to get back to turn in the ingredients I have to jump down platforms and swim back. It's just incredibly awkward. A suggestion that would be cool would be a jump teleport, or a teleport that I could move midair, I guess maybe something to like what luminous has? But mainly also I'm just baffled as to why f/p doesn't have the same teleport range as i/l.

I did read about potential changes to teleport being shifted towards client side to reduce ping which would help tremendously, but I still think teleport could be optimized for more modern gameplay in maple. If anyone has any other cool ideas or suggestions lmk.