[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blaze Wizard - Orbital flame bug

EzKuroEzKuro
Reactions: 560
edited June 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Gameplay

Brief bug summary:
Blaze Wizards skill "Orbital Flame" doesn't hit monsters and/or disconnects the game from the server.

More details:
It is really hard to describe that's why I made this video to show it:

What happens is, when I redirect Orbital Flame using flashfire random monsters that are clearly in Orbital Flames trajectory don't get hit.
Sometimes the game just disconnects, usually after 1-2 repeats.

On bigger maps the chance to disconnect is much higher and the same bug occurs when using map specific portals.
I have seen many KMS Blaze Wizards doing the same thing, that's why I believe it's a bug.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Use the skill "Flashfire" to save the current position
2. Move to the other side of the map so that as many monsters as possible are between "Flashfire" and your position
3. Use the skill "Orbital Flame" and teleport back to the saved position using "Flashfire" again so that "Orbital Flame" flies through the whole map

Some footage to show how I triggered this bug:

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3:

Video 4:

Video 5:

Character name:
Komì

Character level:

Character job:
Blaze Wizard

World name:
Reboot NA

Date and time of the incident:
Video 1: 2020-06-25 16:57
Video 2: 2020-06-25 16:59
Video 3: 2020-06-25 17:01
Video 4: 2020-06-25 17:05
Video 5: 2020-06-25 17:07

CEST timezone
(I can basically trigger this bug everytime in almost all maps)
ElerielTubbbblzakingElFrozerJettLuvsUArtAngelthekenturahTajMaJon

Comments

• ElerielEleriel
    Reactions: 760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020

KMS doesn't have this issue.
    GMS should really fix this.
    This bug has been limiting the class's play style for years.
    EzKuroTubbbJettLuvsUArtAngelthekenturah
  • blzakingblzaking
    Reactions: 830
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    As a BW main, I can confirm this bug/issue has been happening for years, and severely limits one of blaze wizard's main mobbing abilities. It is also problematic day-to-day because if you accidentally cast orbital flame before using flashfire, you risk disconnecting yourself and losing most of your buffs.

This would be huge to have this bug fixed in GMS.

Here is another example from KMS where this bug has been fixed:

TubbbArtAngelthekenturah
  • TubbbTubbb
    Reactions: 325
    edited June 2020
    This bug has often disconnected me while training in Arcana, which has resulted in me either losing my map and/or losing wealth coupons. It's quite frustrating to see that this bug non-existent in KMS yet be afraid of training using orbitals while teleporting or utilizing Arcana's drop-down portals. Kanna's can do similar things with their Tengu Strike skill yet they don't get DC'ed so it wouldn't make sense for Blaze Wizards to be the only ones who have an issue with this.
    JettLuvsUEzKuroArtAngel
  • AntsaAntsa
    Reactions: 720
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    This disconnect issue has been in the game for many years now, having to make sure that you aren't using orbital flame while moving large distances shouldn't be a thing. I really hope this issue would at least be forwarded to the dev team.
    EzKuroArtAngel
  • ArtAngelArtAngel
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited June 2020
    I am a BW main in Reboot and have been dealing with this bug for years. It is very frustrating/disheartening to be training with all my coupons and buffs up, only to disconnect because I wasn't mindful of the timing of my Orbital Flame casts and find out my coupons were canceled upon re-logging. I also feel like it greatly limits the capabilities of the class in GMS, especially when seeing all the cool rotations KMS Blaze Wizards can pull off due to not experiencing this bug. A fix for this bug would be a very welcome change among the BW mains I am friends with, and I hope to see this addressed soon in a future patch!
    EzKuro
  • DhigleyDhigley
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2020
    Bera bw main, I don't use flashfire too much while grinding because of this bug. As others have already said, fixing this bug would be amazing for grinding.
    EzKuro
  • TajMaJonTajMaJon
    Reactions: 200
    Blaze Wizard main on Reboot. This bug has forced me to play more carefully due to the disconnects when casting Orbital Flame and using Flash Fire. If this could be fixed, the class would feel a lot more consistent and better to play.