[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

If naming and shaming is against the rules

JoshingJoshing
Reactions: 525
edited July 2020 in Rants and Raves
then why are people allowed to put up game rooms and spamming for six weeks straight falsely accusing multiple people of scamming?

i filed a ticket about this individual and nexon has done nothing about him and he is still putting up game rooms and falsely accusing people of scamming every single day for hours

why is this allowed?

Comments

• JoshingJoshing
    edited July 2020
    no answer, cool
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2020
    It's not allowed, you just have to report them and wait for people to get banned.
    https://www.nexon.com/main/en/legal/tou/
    You will not use the Services in any manner that, in Nexon’s sole discretion, is unlawful or could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services or interfere with Nexon’s or any others’ use and enjoyment of the Services. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, prohibited conduct includes the following, subject to applicable law:
    • Engaging in conduct that is harmful, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, intimidating, discriminatory, violent or encouraging of violence (including self-harm), stalking, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable in Nexon’s sole discretion, including without limitation looting, kill stealing, making sexual comments, or cursing.

The difference is naming and shaming on the forums is usually enforced by removing the player's name or in extreme cases locking the thread, as we allow complaining about bots and hackers in general just not the "look at all the hackers look at them" threads.
    Additionally, it's very difficult to answer loaded questions which are solely designed to rant and rave and don't serve any purpose beyond calling out the supposed hypocrisy of two entirely different and separate teams moderating two very different mediums with two very different sets of tools.
  • JoshingJoshing
    edited July 2020
    every single time i log on he is still there accusing someone else.
    he is running people out of park by following them around and sitting on them with these false accusations. then he logs his army of bots to mass defame people like -100 at a time. for no reason other than to summon vitriol

it has been a week since they closed my ticket with a generic response and he is still running free. this is not right
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Joshing wrote: »
    every single time i log on he is still there accusing someone else.
    he is running people out of park by following them around and sitting on them with these false accusations. then he logs his army of bots to mass defame people like -100 at a time. for no reason other than to summon vitriol

it has been a week since they closed my ticket with a generic response and he is still running free. this is not right

Report it both in-game and out of game and try to ignore it. If you're letting it get to you, sadly you've played right into the abuser's hands.
    Just ignore them and move on, let people's actions speak louder than words. Eventually the system will catch up and he'll be banned.

Also if you can get a recording of the abuse going on, I'm not sure if Nexon considers separate accounts of the same behavior to warrant multiple tickets, but it might be worth a shot if you can get even more damning evidence than the first time around.
    In the end though, make sure not to let emotions ruin your ticket submissions, keep a level head and do whatever Nexon says.
    Like I said, eventually the system will catch up to the abuser, or he'll stop abusing people, all you have to do is ignore it. (After reporting)
  • JoshingJoshing
    edited July 2020
    ok
  • JoshingJoshing
    edited August 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Like I said, eventually the system will catch up to the abuser, or he'll stop abusing people, all you have to do is ignore it. (After reporting)

its been months, nexon has done nothing and has closed all tickets with copy & paste replies
    this user is still harassing people daily
  • MaraBellaMaraBella
    Reactions: 845
    edited December 2020
    Years later I finally logged in again today. And the moderation staff is still terrible.

[Removed]
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Please don't necro old threads, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.