[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Overseas Travel] Hanako's Foxtail Coat questline

SilentMütëSilentMütë
Reactions: 300
edited July 2020 in General Chat
Please tell me if there's an easier way to do this quest. Anyway:

This has got to be the literal worst questline I've come across so far. It's absolutely ridiculous. I have to get 700 total Cloud Foxtails from Field Foxes over 3 separate quests and the Field Foxes spawn in just one map that generates only about 1-3 field foxes every 5-10 seconds and that's even IF they even spawn. There's also Night Foxes that can also spawn which DON'T drop Cloud Foxtails, but they prevent any Field Foxes from spawning unless I kill them. Add in the fact that the Field Foxes, even if they spawn, have a chance of NOT dropping Cloud Foxtails when I kill them is just adding salt to the wound.

And you might be wondering: just what would the reward be for spending a couple hours grinding for the Cloud Foxtails? It has to be pretty sizable/valuable right? NO. The accumulated rewards for all 3 quests are:
- 49,253 EXP
- 45 Spell Trace

Now you might be thinking: judging from the rewards, this must be a low level quest? Again, NO. You have to be level 160 to even begin this questline which is absolutely ridiculous. 49,253 EXP is literally nothing in my EXP bar. I doubt I'd even see the yellow bar progress even a pixel.

Please. Fix this questline. Give it decent rewards because I just spent more than an hour gathering 100 Cloud Foxtails, only for Hanako to tell me she wants 200 more, and once I complete that, she'll ask for another 400. Either bump up the rewards or increase the spawn rates. I can't even fully forfeit this quest because it stays in my In-Progress tab even after I've forfeited it.

[EDIT] Finishing the third quest for 400 Cloud Foxtails unlocks the quest Night Fox Hunt which requires you to kill 80 Night Foxes which have similar spawn rates to the Field Fox. Thankfully, the quest counts kills and not items so I can get a one for one ratio for kills to quest completion. That said, the reward for this is a whopping 30,500 EXP which is, again, not even a drop in my ocean of an EXP bar. It comes with 10 more Spell Traces... woohoo...

Honestly, this whole questline does not make sense. Who made it? Why? Why does it exist? Why do I exist?