[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon game security kick bug

PleinairPleinair
Reactions: 1,320
edited July 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Crash

Brief bug summary: at random intervals, usually few to several minutes apart the game kicks the player out and closes with the following error message:
"You have been kicked By Nexon game security for suspicious game or client behavior"
shortly after Nexon launcher also disconnectes.

More details: this issue started plaguing me and other players last evening (Pacific time) and still happens today in the morning. It became nearly impposible to stay connected to the game regardless of what is being done in-game (doesn't matter what you do, hunt monsters, bosses, afk or sit in town).
Just to make it clear I made sure to not run anything 3rd party on the PC other than Nexon launcher itself in the background, and also tried restarting wireless connection, router and PC clean boot to make sure this isn't a local issue with my connection or system.
More people have reported similiar occurances of the issue here with same kick message:
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29094/kicked-for-suspicious-activity
https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/hz8bnw/anyone_else_keeps_getting_kicked_out_from_the/

Update: launching the game from Steam and changing wireless networks doesn't fix the problem, it still kicks. However, I did find out over the course of two days playing a very weird anomaly, apparently around game daily reset time (UTC) the kick bug stops happening for about an hour and a half and I can play normally during that time. This has been the case for the past two days straight by this time. However, after about 1.5 hours after daily reset the bug resumes and happens again every few minutes and kicks me out with the same message (always) for the rest of the day forward until next reset. No idea what to make of this other than this bug might be related to some kind of in-system count of sorts which exempts those 1.5 hours from triggering the kick bug.

Also, just to make it clear, the bug isn't associated with any noticeable lag, the game plays normal at the time of said kicks and subsequent launcher disconnections.

Steps to reproduce: just play the game normally, though not every player is effected from what I gathered, and haven't found no common denominator to those who are effected with this bug so far.

Character name: RemiLianne

Character level: 245

Character job: Bishop

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: July 27th (PST) throughout the evening so far.
GuofuEbiShadowRiku

Comments

• EbiEbi
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2020
    I just wanted to acknowledge that this bug is also happening to me, rendering the game unplayable and am missing out on my dailies/relay box. I tried again this morning, and same thing is happening.

Character name: TakoJsh

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: July 27th in the evening and today
  • CalbeebeeCalbeebee
    Same here, this had been happening to me for the past 6 hours already.
  • K4r105K4r105
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2020
    Exactly the same issue.
  • EyefinityEyefinity
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2020
    Same started happening to me since yesterday, after 2 mins of playing I get kicked out. No lag, actually I have played before with an amazing amount of lag without being kicked.

Guild: Kitanas
    Server: Elysium
  • RaftRaft
    I have exactly the same problem. It's impossible to play. It kicks me all the time... Sometimes after playing less than a minute, sometimes after 2 minutes...

Character name: Raftanian

Character job: Bishop

Level: 214

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: I think this problem started yesterday July 27th
  • GuofuGuofu
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2020
    I tried re-installed client/game not work.
    I tried disable windows defender, not work.
    I disabled discord, not work.
    I tried disable windows update, not work.

Please help me resolve this problem ASAP!

Character name: zgflawliet

Character job: Kanna

Level: 231

World name: Reboot NA

Date and time of the incident: start on July 27th 8 PM
  • PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited July 2020
    Update: I tried running the game from Steam and also from a different wireless network only to the same results, it still caused an NGS kick within minutes of logging in.
  • ShadowRikuShadowRiku
    Reactions: 900
    edited July 2020
    Getting kicked as well, not an NGS error though.

It just randomly sends me back to the world select screen and I wish I knew why!

This has happened 8 times today alone.
  • SimplesGodSimplesGod
    Same exact problem, noticed after I received bebe compensation box. Even if I just stay afk at most stayed logged in for 5minutes. Tried reinstalling everything etc. Eventually get kicked out by NGS then also logged out of launcher.

Character name: SimplesGod

Character job: Hero

Level: 249

Date and time of the incident: I think this problem started July 27th 4pm PST roughly.
  • kimchellykimchelly
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2020
    NGS was also kicking me off yesterday every few minutes while doing nothing but sitting AFK in town. It seems like today I've been able to stay online for about two hours so far without getting kicked (I haven't done anything differently from yesterday).

Character name: Kimchelly

Character job: Aran

Character level: 224

World name: Reboot NA

Date and time of the incident: July 28th, 8am
  • EbiEbi
    edited July 2020
    Update: I submitted a ticket and they investigated with some of my blackcipher logs. They seemed to have solved the issue. Although, this was a really annoying experience...

"Our investigation in to this issue found the cause and we were able to apply a fix. You should now be able to log in and play MapleStory without being disconnected."
  • MckaiserMckaiser
    i started having that issue too. i didnt play the game for a while, saw the maplesea awake update video and wanted to play maple again. the first day i played was nov 1 2020 and i just check my char, maybe did a boss and then logged off. the 2nd day was going ok , i did some bosses and then i got kicked. idk how many times i got kicked that day. nov 4th i didnt get to play much cause i worked but i think i tried and got kicked and stopped playing. nov 4th i uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game, tried to log in and was banned for a week. idk what happened or whats going on. im testing this on my 2nd account to see if it happens again cause i dont want my main account banned. i also havent seen a way to fix it either.
  • It's impossible to play. It kicks me all the time... Sometimes after playing less than a minute, sometimes after 2 minutes... i cant even get in cash shop :l

Character name: Tomatinator

Character job: Dual Blade

Level: 217

Date and time of the incident: this problem started today
  • AIyayalaAIyayala
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2021
    Same here, just returned yesterday. I kept getting error messages like
    "You have been kicked By Nexon game security for suspicious game or client behavior" ---I was afk
    "Using 3rd party ... may get perma banned" --- I closed my laptop without signing out
    "Using 3rd party ... may get perma banned" --- The game was lag and stop responding, but I keep pressing atk keys
    "Using 3rd party ... may get perma banned" --- Laptop autolock (dead battery)
    I am scared if they would ban me by mistake :/
  • floating99floating99
    Reactions: 530
    edited July 2021
    Same here,

Character name : JavIdol

Level:237 (just turn into 238 and being kicked)

World Name : EU Reboot

First I was grinding this morning,
    using Wealth potion and Legion Wealth buff,

then game crashed with message

"Using 3rd party ... may get perma banned"

really weird, I'm not using any 3rd party program while mapling,

so I log in again , do the Wealth potion again and Legion Wealth buff, then farmed like 5 minute

"Using 3rd party ... may get perma banned"

what the hell?

so I went to do dailies, finished dailies and went back to the same map again, because I was 2% away from level up,

then I did leveled up ! , then instantly followed with
    "You have been kicked By Nexon game security for suspicious game or client behavior"
    shortly after Nexon launcher also disconnectes.

this time , I tried to log in again, I'm being banned for 2 weeks????????????
    what the heck is going on???