[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disconnecting When Other Characters Pass me

IchibanSukiIchibanSuki
Reactions: 700
edited August 2020 in Bug Reporting
Hello. This is something I haven't dealt with before. I am disconnecting whenever
A. Another character flies, walks, jumps past me in town
B. When entering a map
C. When starting a quest (most recent was grand antheneum?)
I restarted my laptop and launched it again. This time when I clicked on a world, it froze and gave me a runtime error regarding Microsoft Visual C++ program terminated.
A few hours before this I was disconnecting upon putting in my PIC when logging in. Then I cleaned up my computer a bit, stopped background programs, deleted and uninstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005-2013 in my programs. I then reinstalled the 2015 version of Microsoft Visual C++ and launched the game again. I still disconnected. I reset my router, changed location in my house and ran it again. This time I successfully logged in but then I disconnected after entering grand antheneum again. I also noticed that I seemed to be lagging a ton when activating buffs, walking past others in town and entering portals. Better than disconnecting but I could tell it was really unstable and would soon disconnect, which it did in the end.

What can I do to play the game more stable like I did just yesterday?