[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hyper Teleport Rocks in non-Reboot Worlds

MarcoLuxMarcoLux
Reactions: 600
edited August 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey everyone. I am a f2p player on Luna who finds it really hard to keep up the motivation to play the game and do dailies every day. The main reason for this is the lack of accessibility to hyper teleport rocks for non-Reboot worlds, like Luna.

At times like this where there is no particular event that grants one hyper rock per day, it is literally impossible for me to play the game and do all the dailies I would want to complete. I am a student and I don't have a lot of time to play every day, so I try to maximise all I can do in that short period of time. Without a hyper rock dailies in Arcane River and daily/weekly bosses take a lot of time to do, especially because Luna's population is quite low and boss queues are very very hard to find. Every day I basically spend more time running around maps to reach the quests' objectives than playing the actual game, and this is really frustrating. I have been playing this game for a very long time now and I still really love it, but the frustration coming from this issue makes me give up every once in a while.

I believe Hyper Teleport Rocks are items that everyone should have access to with the current state of the game. The two rocks available from the reward points shop are barely enough to complete 4 days worth of dailies per month, and that's ridiculous. The only way right now is either having a permanent hyper rock, which is a p2w item that goes for a lot of mesos in all servers, or spend 10k NX every month to get a 30 day rock.

I strongly believe I am not the only one and that there are lots of other people that can relate to the same issue. As a free to play player I really hope Nexon can give hyper rocks the same treatment that they gave to Water of Life and Pendant Slot Expansion, which were really great quality of life improvements for the game in my opinion. Having a 30 days hyper rock available in the Reward Points shop would definitely make the game more enjoyable, especially for f2p players and newcomers.

Nexon, if you're seeing this PLEASE make Hyper Teleport Rocks more accessible in non-Reboot worlds. Thanks.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2020
    Oh man this is a post. Maple guide's a thing, my dude. Gets you to a lot of places.
  • EvanAyyLmaoEvanAyyLmao
    Reactions: 245
    edited September 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Oh man this is a post. Maple guide's a thing, my dude. Gets you to a lot of places.

You know, they have another really great place to stalk forum posts for the sole purpose of trashing on people to justify your self worth its called Reddit.

To your point, Maple Guide does get you a lot of places, but it does not in any way help you in doing dailies. He's talking about moving to the required maps for the quests that are given to you at random and you knew that.

Also, he isn't wrong, I have had so much fun playing hours on end in Burning World actually feeling like the pace of progression is reasonable given that you don't get time gated by Arcane Force if you do them all every single day which is much more reasonable with a Teleport Rock.

Regardless of whether or not some players have $30 permanent HTR's from 2014 Cash Shop sales (which is ridiculous but that's the theme we have to accept with Maplestory) the current price point for HTR's in regular server should be reassessed because spending over $100 on Hyper Teleport Rocks annually is egregious.
    dorky
  • Instinct9001Instinct9001
    Reactions: 545
    edited September 2020

You know, they have another really great place to stalk forum posts for the sole purpose of trashing on people to justify your self worth its called Reddit.

To your point, Maple Guide does get you a lot of places, but it does not in any way help you in doing dailies. He's talking about moving to the required maps for the quests that are given to you at random and you knew that.

Also, he isn't wrong, I have had so much fun playing hours on end in Burning World actually feeling like the pace of progression is reasonable given that you don't get time gated by Arcane Force if you do them all every single day which is much more reasonable with a Teleport Rock.

Regardless of whether or not some players have $30 permanent HTR's from 2014 Cash Shop sales (which is ridiculous but that's the theme we have to accept with Maplestory) the current price point for HTR's in regular server should be reassessed because spending over $100 on Hyper Teleport Rocks annually is egregious.

Lmao I love how this Aggrapine character has a reputation of being a sour apple in the community with nothing positive to say. Passive aggressive jabs on the forums is apart of his Dailies! He clearly needs to belittle people to feel a marginal degree of confidence. I see everybody bumping heads with him.

Even his post here, maple guide isn't an alternative for a repriced hyper teleport rock, otherwise people wouldn't be spending over 30b (equivalent to over $600 USD) for them. It's a good suggestion, 'my dude'. When the first response to a valid suggestion is condescending it discredits peoples suggestions, and the alternative you offered was not a solution. Try maple guiding to all the mobs you need to finish all of your dailies.
  • dorkydorky
    Reactions: 730
    edited September 2020

so much this
    sick of seeing this guy being so negative to every single post made in this forum
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited September 2020
    MarcoLux wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I am a f2p player on Luna who finds it really hard to keep up the motivation to play the game and do dailies every day. The main reason for this is the lack of accessibility to hyper teleport rocks for non-Reboot worlds, like Luna.

At times like this where there is no particular event that grants one hyper rock per day, it is literally impossible for me to play the game and do all the dailies I would want to complete. I am a student and I don't have a lot of time to play every day, so I try to maximise all I can do in that short period of time. Without a hyper rock dailies in Arcane River and daily/weekly bosses take a lot of time to do, especially because Luna's population is quite low and boss queues are very very hard to find. Every day I basically spend more time running around maps to reach the quests' objectives than playing the actual game, and this is really frustrating. I have been playing this game for a very long time now and I still really love it, but the frustration coming from this issue makes me give up every once in a while.

I believe Hyper Teleport Rocks are items that everyone should have access to with the current state of the game. The two rocks available from the reward points shop are barely enough to complete 4 days worth of dailies per month, and that's ridiculous. The only way right now is either having a permanent hyper rock, which is a p2w item that goes for a lot of mesos in all servers, or spend 10k NX every month to get a 30 day rock.

I strongly believe I am not the only one and that there are lots of other people that can relate to the same issue. As a free to play player I really hope Nexon can give hyper rocks the same treatment that they gave to Water of Life and Pendant Slot Expansion, which were really great quality of life improvements for the game in my opinion. Having a 30 days hyper rock available in the Reward Points shop would definitely make the game more enjoyable, especially for f2p players and newcomers.

Nexon, if you're seeing this PLEASE make Hyper Teleport Rocks more accessible in non-Reboot worlds. Thanks.

I can totally relate, but at the same time i am also not that lazy..
    i mean sometimes i do not even do the dailies and i have had a perma rock since its first release..

i think you do not realize that the rock being free in events is to get players hooked on it, and clearly they did that since you dont even wanna play without it :/

maple guide is yur best free option if so lazy to just walk a few maps than maybe maple is not for you...

the maple guide is EXTREMELY helpful, before that thing was around it was not fun getting around.

people had to get smart by using certain questlines that offering warping to hene so they could get to interdimensional thingy or use the begginer skills.

earlier than that we had the family system and walking..

dorky wrote: »

so much this
    sick of seeing this guy being so negative to every single post made in this forum

he is just saying it like it is, no need to whine because you do not like how he says it, grow up lmao.

Lmao I love how this Aggrapine character has a reputation of being a sour apple in the community with nothing positive to say. Passive aggressive jabs on the forums is apart of his Dailies! He clearly needs to belittle people to feel a marginal degree of confidence. I see everybody bumping heads with him.

Even his post here, maple guide isn't an alternative for a repriced hyper teleport rock, otherwise people wouldn't be spending over 30b (equivalent to over $600 USD) for them. It's a good suggestion, 'my dude'. When the first response to a valid suggestion is condescending it discredits peoples suggestions, and the alternative you offered was not a solution. Try maple guiding to all the mobs you need to finish all of your dailies.

its not supposed to be an alternative, events are free advertising,
    the purpose of handing out free rocks is to get people using them. think of it as free trials, it makes people play more, and incentives playing, while at the same time maybe getting people more interested in buying a rock.
    also RMT not allowed.. so comparing 30b to USD is just dumb unless you are implying that you buy meso... enjoy the ban?
    it is one of the most useful items in the game and the maple guide pretty much only exists because of players wanting something free that was almost as useful.

reboot exists for those who want the rock without a price tag ($$) it is one of the selling points of reboot.

thats just the reality of it.

expecting it to be completly free in reg server is just plain unrealistic.

his response is simple and direct. and frankly yall are too damn sensitive godness.
  • Instinct9001Instinct9001
    Reactions: 545
    edited September 2020
    iArrowZ wrote: »

i mean sometimes i do not even do the dailies and i have had a perma rock since its first release..

i think you do not realize that the rock being free in events is to get players hooked on it, and clearly they did that since you dont even wanna play without it :/

maple guide is yur best free option if so lazy to just walk a few maps than maybe maple is not for you...

the maple guide is EXTREMELY helpful, before that thing was around it was not fun getting around.

people had to get smart by using certain questlines that offering warping to hene so they could get to interdimensional thingy or use the begginer skills.

so much this

he is just saying it like it is, no need to whine because you do not like how he says it, grow up lmao.

the purpose of handing out free rocks is to get people using them. think of it as free trials, it makes people play more, and incentives playing, while at the same time maybe getting people more interested in buying a rock.
    also RMT not allowed.. so comparing 30b to USD is just dumb unless you are implying that you buy meso... enjoy the ban?
    it is one of the most useful items in the game and the maple guide pretty much only exists because of players wanting something free that was almost as useful.

reboot exists for those who want the rock without a price tag ($$) it is one of the selling points of reboot.

his response is simple and direct. and frankly yall are too damn sensitive godness.

To your first point, I don't think you're right to suggest 'maple is not for him' simply because he is pointing out the discrepancy between players who got an item for $30 6 years ago (or the equivalent to $90 just a couple years ago) and players who are paying $600 for it now, given it is an item that literally alters your mode of travel throughout the entire game on a regular basis. He is right to be upset at that in my opinion. I don't think Nexon is aware of how the volatility of their in game economy is significantly impacting the price of simple items.

To your response to me, doing real money transactions is against the Terms of Service, why are you even bringing that up? I am referring to the Mesos Market inside the Free Market. Where you are able to use your purchased NX prepaid to buy NX points, and in turn use NX points to purchase Mesos - where the rate is 1 billion Mesos for over 20,000 maple points (which, if you can't follow, is worth over $20 usd). Not sure why you brought up illegitimate practices. Is that how you are getting mesos? Because most legitimate players are familiar with the Mesos Market inside the Free Market.

**Edit** The frustration over Agrapine is that his condescending response suggesting 'just use Maple Guide dude' discredits the legitimate argument OP is putting forward about the accessibility of Perm. Hyper Teleport Rocks.
  • dorkydorky
    Reactions: 730
    edited September 2020
    iarrowz always there to defend aggapines toxic approach to discussion
  • FafnirEqualityFafnirEquality
    Reactions: 590
    edited September 2020
    Teleport rocks are supposed to be a convenience. Having to walk around arcane river, around scrapyard or to Lotus is annoying but it really doesn't take that long. Try swapping daily quests such that nothing is too far away and that the required maps are accessible on a single route. It's okay to skip the unreasonably long daily walks (Normal Magnus and Von Leon); it won't hurt you that much.

There's also the option of coordinating with friends/guildies to get to these bosses. If you shout out to your BL or guild that you need a tele I'm sure someone will assist you.

You people need to cool it with the quotes. Delete irrelevant information; previous posts in the thread provide the necessary context.
    To your first point, I don't think you're right to suggest 'maple is not for him' simply because he is pointing out the discrepancy between players who got an item for $30 6 years ago (or the equivalent to $90 just a couple years ago) and players who are paying $600 for it now, given it is an item that literally alters your mode of travel throughout the entire game on a regular basis. He is right to be upset at that in my opinion. I don't think Nexon is aware of how the volatility of their in game economy is significantly impacting the price of simple items.

Nexon doesn't care about how much of an advantage legacy items give; people have complained about many of those items for years to no avail. They also don't do much to curb real-money transactions involving those legacy items, which is potentially due to how difficult it is to prove that foul play was involved in a particular exchange. They don't seem to be open to feedback regarding these items (or most types of feedback in general), so it's probably something that we just have to live with.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited September 2020
    iArrowZ wrote: »

so much this

To your response to me, doing real money transactions is against the Terms of Service, why are you even bringing that up? I am referring to the Mesos Market inside the Free Market. Where you are able to use your purchased NX prepaid to buy NX points, and in turn use NX points to purchase Mesos - where the rate is 1 billion Mesos for over 20,000 maple points (which, if you can't follow, is worth over $20 usd). Not sure why you brought up illegitimate practices. Is that how you are getting mesos? Because most legitimate players are familiar with the Mesos Market inside the Free Market.

**Edit** The frustration over Agrapine is that his condescending response suggesting 'just use Maple Guide dude' discredits the legitimate argument OP is putting forward about the accessibility of Perm. Hyper Teleport Rocks.

I understand that, however as a mapler we are not OWED hpyer teleport rocks.
    thats merely something that we want, but it is not required.

as i said I understand wanting it, but that is different from expecting it to be handed out just because we want it.