[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gollux and harsh bossing alternatives

FlowerdewFlowerdew
Reactions: 1,190
edited August 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello everyone,

I am coming once again to address the question of Gollux and hard bossing in general.

Gollux equipment is a decisive part in order to play MapleStory in meaningful conditions, and in Gollux earlier version, it was reachable even for those among us who, like me, are finding on one hand no motivation in hard bossing, and who on the other hand are finding the struggle not worth it with others of my less fortunate characters. To the point that, as for some of my characters with which I need Gollux equips, I am losing motivation in MapleStory allover.

I am here again asking to find a space for those of us who for one reason or another are either not able or not willing to enter a rough and tough confrontation with bosses. Either an alternative to bossing, or some milder versions which still give at least access to the necessary equipment. Understand that I made it through with motivation in those times when it was an event to 3rd job, when levelling up to 200 was a matter of years of dedicated and repeated grinding.

I am concerned, because whereas MapleStory was my only game since its beginnings, I am starting now to log in less and less, I am obviously less interested in spending NX cash, and I am even considering to involve myself in other games. It would be sad for many reasons.

Thank you for your attention, and thank you for hearing those of us - whether a minority or more - who find some of the too harsh conditions simply not appealing.

Have a nice weekend

Comments

• LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited August 2020
    Sup gollux ring and pend are BiS (belt and ears are 2nd BiS) so they should be hard to obtain. I agree that daily boss for a month isn't really the answer but it could be weekly boss like others of that caliber.
    You don't need gollux eqps for anything. Some servers don't have them and they are fine.
    You can go with reinf gollux or lower tier accessories if you can't deal with hellux or just leech since you can get coins that way aswell. Buying is also an option, do daily bosses for 1 week 20 times and you should have enough meso for that.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2020
    Latemaster wrote: »
    Sup gollux ring and pend are BiS (belt and ears are 2nd BiS) so they should be hard to obtain. I agree that daily boss for a month isn't really the answer but it could be weekly boss like others of that caliber.
    You don't need gollux eqps for anything. Some servers don't have them and they are fine.
    You can go with reinf gollux or lower tier accessories if you can't deal with hellux or just leech since you can get coins that way aswell. Buying is also an option, do daily bosses for 1 week 20 times and you should have enough meso for that.

Considering some peoples' luck with superior drops before the changes, it was already a daily boss for a month. At least now if your luck is hot garbage, you can buy what you've been screwed by drops on.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Considering some peoples' luck with superior drops before the changes, it was already a daily boss for a month. At least now if your luck is hot garbage, you can buy what you've been screwed by drops on.

yeh but 700 coins for a single superior item in my opinion is way too expensive
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited September 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Feels the same, drop rate is just a placebo