[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Celestial Surge Counter stopped at 26/300

DMHDMH
Reactions: 1,015
edited August 2020 in Bug Reporting
Hi,
I think I have used it 49 times - I thought you could get to 50 but I am stuck at 26/300. (originally noticed it when I couldn't get past 226/300 and I had 47 stacked - used surge twice but I am at 49 with 26/300 on the counter. I am not sure if I am misunderstanding the limits or if it is broken - this is on BowCursed on Reboot.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited August 2020
    You can only use Umbra Surge 50 times per world per day.
    The bar stop charging when you run out of charges.
  • DMHDMH
    edited August 2020
    My concern was that I hadn't reached 50 and it stopped charging?
  • DMHDMH
    edited September 2020
    It happened again today but it stopped sooner (it stopped right after I returned from a wolf portal - not sure if that had anything to do with it but I have done pollo and frito and wolf portals before without issue) This time I got screenshots.xBw6JFe.png and 1beag4v.png - these images were taken 4 minutes apart (you can see the monster park potion and xp scroll went from 9 to 5 minutes) and the counter was stuck at 57/300 - I can't use the skill either.
  • DMHDMH
    edited September 2020
    And if you look at the surge skill it is only at 38.
  • RexaarRexaar
    edited September 2020
    If you died, go in Ursus or flag Race, you will lose the surge buff prematurely.
    If you lost the surge buff prematurely and it hasn't expired naturally yet (server keep track of remaining duration when you lose the buff), you can get back your current stack of surge if you relog before you activate the surge skill again. (If you activated the surge skill before you relog, you will lose all the previous stack permanently because it was overwritten by a new stack).

You cannot get 50 stack if you use a few on another character in the same day, let a few stack expire naturally, or if you permanently overwritten a previous stack without retrieving it due to death/ursus/flag race.
  • DMHDMH
    edited September 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    If you died, go in Ursus or flag Race, you will lose the surge buff prematurely.
    If you lost the surge buff prematurely and it hasn't expired naturally yet (server keep track of remaining duration when you lose the buff), you can get back your current stack of surge if you relog before you activate the surge skill again. (If you activated the surge skill before you relog, you will lose all the previous stack permanently because it was overwritten by a new stack).

You cannot get 50 stack if you use a few on another character in the same day, let a few stack expire naturally, or if you permanently overwritten a previous stack without retrieving it due to death/ursus/flag race.

I didn't die, go in Ursus, or flag race (never done either of the last two). I think there is an additional bug. I didn't use it on another character. I don't think any expired naturally because it was a single log-in and all I was doing was mobbing. Unfortunately, I didn't log back on the same day so I don't know if that would have fixed things but I will try it if it happens again.
  • DMHDMH
    edited September 2020
    Counter stopped again today Xyg0Kbx dMJeQJu you can see by the xp bar - I kept killing mobs but the surge bar stays at 57/300 (and buff was stuck at 36). I noticed it stopped increasing at 57 and definitely didn't activate the surge skill (since I was under 100). I hadn't been to Pollo and Frito for a while and it had been even longer since the wolf. I didn't die - didn't go on a different character since reset - have never done Ursus or Flag race. I do think the stack reset today which I don't recall seeing it do before - maybe when I ranked from B to A? But I have been grinding every day and have never gotten to 50 so something seems to be wrong with the counters. I logged out and logged back in - it didn't fix the counter.
    The images are not showing up - https://imgur.com/Xyg0Kbxhttps://imgur.com/dMJeQJu is the link to them
  • RexaarRexaar
    edited September 2020
    If you want to have 50 stacks, you must stack them without stopping.
    If you used 15 stacks for dailies, then afk or logged off for more than 2 hours, all those stack will be gone and now you can only reach 35 max stack for the rest of the day.
  • DMHDMH
    edited September 2020
    Good to know but that was all one session.