[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Masteria Act 1 bug.

LamproliaLamprolia
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay, quest

Brief bug summary: During Act 1 of Masteria Through Time, at the point where Professor Foxwit initially shows up at Phantom Forest, no dialogue is triggered between Lukan and Professor Foxwit. I am able to walk forward, but cannot interact with Professor Foxwit. Interacting with Lukan brings up the quest that teleports the player to the Entry Map, which then fails. Exiting by interacting with the Statue of Time works, but reentry brings me to the same point where the cutscene plays, with no resolution of the issue.

More details: This may have been triggered by intermixing with a different quest first. I initially started the Masteria Through Time, then backtracked to do the level 150 [Masteria] quest chain (starting with Hungry for Adventure?). When talking to Professor Foxwit in the [Masteria] quest chain, I clicked through a quest dialogue that took me to his laboratory. Lukan was there, and it seemed to be triggering the section of Masteria Through Time regarding entering Lukan's memories. This resulted in my character being put into the machine on the right (Lukan on the left), and an inability to walk around (teleported back to the machine when attempted). I then clicked Professor Foxwit and reentered the [Masteria] quest chain.

Steps to reproduce: Start Masteria Through Time Act 1. Encounter Lukan and play through two maps. Exit Masteria Through Time Act 1. Start the level 150 [Masteria] quest chain. When speaking with Professor Foxwit on the level 150 quest chain, choose to go to his lab. Lukan will be there. Initiate the use of the machine to see Lukan's memories; this will result in the player being sent to the right side machine with Lukan in the left. Interact with Professor Foxwit to proceed with the level 150 quest chain. Get teleported to the rest of the quest chain with Becky. After finishing the level 150 quest chain, reenter Masteria through time and attempt to play through to where Professor Foxwit initially appears.

Character name: Lamprolia

Character level: 179

Character job: Kanna

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 10/3/2020, persistent.