[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

We need to revamp our bosses!!!!!

rizariza
Reactions: 3,025
edited October 2020 in General Chat
Today the discussion is about revamping already existing bosses or pq to increase activity or gameplay. If there was a boss to revamp which one would you want to revamp? Also, what would you recommend if they were to consider revamping these said bosses?

I had always liked Ice Knight and always wonder why they haven't revamped or brought back the boss. I think if there was a way to bring it back in Ursus fashion where u can go in with 12-18 people and fight similar to Ursus I think it would be fun. Also, they can add in rewards like Mesos or coins for funding.

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2020
    riza wrote: »
    Today the discussion is about revamping already existing bosses or pq to increase activity or gameplay. If there was a boss to revamp which one would you want to revamp? Also, what would you recommend if they were to consider revamping these said bosses?

I had always liked Ice Knight and always wonder why they haven't revamped or brought back the boss. I think if there was a way to bring it back in Ursus fashion where u can go in with 12-18 people and fight similar to Ursus I think it would be fun. Also, they can add in rewards like Mesos or coins for funding.

Arkarium without a doubt, id do a hard mode that drops dominator pendant way more often than normal, but also make it harder to kill, like it has the powers of the trascendant of time if im correct yet is so weak... come on nexon.
    BlasterMaster
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited October 2020

The OG final boss Balrog needs revamp so fkin badly. Even Papulatus was revamped to be super hard, why not Balrog? For reward, they can add new face accessory that's on par with papulatus mark as part of boss accessory set
  • rizariza
    edited October 2020
    darik wrote: »

Arkarium without a doubt, id do a hard mode that drops dominator pendant way more often than normal, but also make it harder to kill, like it has the powers of the trascendant of time if im correct yet is so weak... come on nexon.

I agree with you I think the modes currently should switch from normal and hard to easy and normal and maybe make hard mode the Arkarium in morass.

I feel hes def the easiest to revamp.
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

The OG final boss Balrog needs revamp so fkin badly. Even Papulatus was revamped to be super hard, why not Balrog? For reward, they can add new face accessory that's on par with papulatus mark as part of boss accessory set

Man, I been saying this for years I really think most of the og bosses need a revamp, buff, and a new storyline. Balrog is one of those bosses that deserves it so bad cause he is the og of the series.

Like whats worst is they have source material and not freakin using it!!!!!!!!!!!

• BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited October 2020
    HE DESTROYED SQUIDWARD'S HOUSE!!

Seriously, I think it would be great to finally update Kritias so as to include the Hekaton raid boss. I mean, the reason he was omitted in the first place was due to the lag issues, but since then, they've managed to have Ursus without any major hassles.
  • rizariza
    edited October 2020
    HE DESTROYED SQUIDWARD'S HOUSE!!

Seriously, I think it would be great to finally update Kritias so as to include the Hekaton raid boss. I mean, the reason he was omitted in the first place was due to the lag issues, but since then, they've managed to have Ursus without any major hassles.

I 100% agree with you and think hekaton should return to gms and prob revamp as well. I think more party play with a good amount of exp will help bring more life to the game.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2020
    I would like to see an updated horntail. Pink bean even more so considering he's such a recognizable character.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2020
    oh boy glitch op
  • rizariza
    edited November 2020
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    I would like to see an updated horntail. Pink bean even more so considering he's such a recognizable character.

Yeah i agree pink bean was fun before cause alot of people can go in and try to kill. I think revamping it would be a plus. Plus horntail is also a good boss
  • rizariza
    edited November 2020

Yeah, i agree pink bean was fun before cause a lot of people can go in and try to kill. I think revamping it would be a plus. Plus horntail is also a good boss so would be a good revamp.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited November 2020

Zaku
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited November 2020
    revamping bosses won't make much difference when they are killed in seconds lol.

unless they are desinged with late game levels of hp which effectively kills early game progression, its not going to change anything besides the amount of time we spend
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited November 2020
    revamping bosses won't make much difference when they are killed in seconds, we have 10b dmg cap which already seems to be too low for late game players that we are getting a line patch soon so we can hit more 10b lines lol.

unless they are desinged with late game levels of hp which effectively kills early game progression, its not going to change anything besides the amount of time we spend killing them daily (if they have annoying patterns)
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited November 2020
    revamping bosses won't make much difference when they are killed in seconds, we have 10b dmg cap which already seems to be too low for late game players that we are getting a line patch soon so we can hit more 10b lines lol.

unless they are desinged with late game levels of hp which effectively kills early game progression, its not going to change anything besides the amount of time we spend killing them daily/ weekly (if they have annoying patterns).

with that said, some bosses are just plain weak. but that is kind of how the cookie crumbles,

i mean von leon used to be a baddass boss fight, now its basically optional content.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited November 2020
    as we get stronger less bosses are a challenge, revamping them won't mae
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited November 2020
    most bosses under lomien have not been chnaged since conception, problem if bosses get revamped (like gollux
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited November 2020
    most bosses under lomien have not been chnaged since conception, problem if bosses get revamped (like gollux for example) its possible they would turn into a damage check which will cut of many of our newer (assuming we even get any these days...) players
  • BostonGeorgeBostonGeorge
    Reactions: 830
    edited November 2020
    I want a revamped Neo City
  • BostonGeorgeBostonGeorge
    Reactions: 830
    edited November 2020
    I want a revamped Neo City