[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Player (Confused + A lot of questions??)

NnyxNnyx
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
I've played as kinesis once before and now Hoyoung.
I get overwhelmed when i'm in towns since there's a lot going on and there's a lot of side quests.
Which quest are part of the main story line? and when do story line quests end?
I've only gotten up to level 100 for my kinesis before but i'd like to get 150 for my Hoyoung for the burning event.

Any advice?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Most quests in the game can be categorized as side quests. They may or may not tie into the Black Mage (for example, Kritias), but are otherwise their own thing.

Main storyline quests for characters typically appear in the lightbulb tab on the left-hand side of the screen. For Hoyoung specifically, there are optional "Sealing the Fiends" story quests up to level 200 when can be done simultaneously while completing theme dungeons. Kinesis has similar quests up to level 100 (I believe the quest "King: Master of Space and Time" just rewards a medal).
    The only things left are the Black Heaven and Heroes of Maple blockbusters, which are technically part of the "main storyline" because they star your character, although they are not necessary for any advancement other than unlocking the Lotus and Damien bosses.
    After level 200, the storyline quests are very linear and there aren't any side quests.

Only the quests marked "[Required]" are necessary to complete, the others you can skip and do later if it so suits you or not at all.

Quests are sorted by category on the wiki if you're confused, although not all of them have a page.
  • LJsterLJster
    When I just started it said that I need complete the job advancement. How do I do that?