[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

5th job advancement after level 201+?

BarleypopBarleypop
Reactions: 730
edited January 2021 in General Chat
Hi I haven't really played since Hall of Honor used to the endgame training spot.

I logged on sometimes and during events they were giving out level up coupons so I used few on two of my mains.

Now I have two characters that are over level 201+ and still haven't gone through 5th job advancement

Are my characters screwed?
Thank you

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2021
    No, you can still make the advancement on any level 200+ character.

Additionally, 5th job skills work on a different system than jobs I-IV, so you'll just get the necessary nodestones for your class when you make the advancement.
    Barleypop
  • MawgMawg
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited January 2021
    Lol. I have 2 Mercedes, which I use for link skill on my 2 mains. Couldn't hack 5th job with frozen equips & wasn't going to buy better, so just levelled to 210 without 5th job, for 20% EXP link skill :-)
  • BarleypopBarleypop
    edited January 2021
    Thanks guys

@Neospector

btw
    the monsters at the deserted camp keeps cursing me to disable potion consumption.
    What do I need to do/consume to undo the effect?
    Thank you
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited January 2021
    You can undo potion lock with the Hero's Will skill or a class equivalent (Will of Erda, Nova Temperance, Clear Mind, Beastly Resolve, etc).

Otherwise, the mobs can be easily knocked back, you have to target and kill it before it gets to you.
  • BarleypopBarleypop
    edited January 2021
    @Neospector

Ohhh ok I was like why is my all cure potion not working lol
    thank you!

btw I created Hoyoung at the burning world and I leveled up to 31 b4 2nd job advancement that's fine right?
    Also is it just me or I cannot minimize the game anymore and I have to quit game before I can use my internet browser
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited January 2021
    Leveling before making any job advancement shouldn't cause any issues.

As for minimizing, I suggest playing in windowed-mode (press Alt+Enter) and using Alt+Tab to swap windows.
  • BarleypopBarleypop
    edited January 2021
    thanks!
    Hoyoung is pretty fun