[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Losing buffs when crashing?

KidPolygonKidPolygon
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
NA Reboot

I am not sure if it is an intended mechanic, but I will randomly disconnect from the game sometimes and will lose any 2x XP coupons as well as rune buffs, MVP buffs, etc. I also was running Zakum when I disconnected and I tried to reenter Zakum and it said I had already done him today, when I disconnected before even dropping the Eye on the altar. I do not think this could possibly be an intended mechanic because the disconnects are completely out of my control. I figured I would post on here to see if there is something wrong on my end because it seems wrong that I lose these buffs.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Some buffs persist through disconnect, although they may run out regardless if you dawdle. Rune buffs in particular do not persist.

Zakum has a daily shared entry limit on normal/easy modes, and a weekly clear limit on chaos. Entry limits are tied to direct entry into Zakum's Altar, not the dropping of the Eye of Fire.