[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Explorer Book contains wrong character model

RobinnerRobinner
Reactions: 1,015
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2021 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: quest / graphics

Please note: I also reported this same bug almost three years ago, but I noticed that it has either not been fixed yet, or that it has returned in a patch that occurred somewhere in these three years. I have reproduced this bug for this report, but since it is the same bug, it will be similar to my previous bug report.

Brief bug summary:
At the start of the explorer questline, you are given an "Explorer Book" item in your ETC. tab. This book can be read by double clicking the item in your inventory, and is filled with some text and a picture containing your character each time you finish a chapter in the explorer questline. The picture of your character that gets added after completing a chapter is currently bugged, and displays a character with a completely different model. However, this bugged character model only appears after some time: when I check the explorer book directly after completing a chapter, the right character model is displayed, but when I log in again the following day, the explorer book displays the bugged character model.

To show what this looks like, I have created a new explorer magician character. This is a screenshot of chapter 2 of the explorer book right after I finished it:
PbCxf77.png
It still shows the correct character model.

This is a screenshot of chapter 2 of the explorer book on the same character after logging off and waiting approximately 12 hours:
odjGWTb.png
This character model is clearly different and is not supposed to look like this.

This is what my character had equipped at the time of completing chapter 2:
LterHpQ.png
-Roro the Familiar Manager
-Beginner Magician's Wand
-Red Muffler outfit (M)
-Blue Jewelry Boots
-Blue Morrican
-Beginner Adventurer

The character's face is: Hazel Confident Face(Hazel)
The character's hair is: Unkempt Hair

The character had no NX covers equipped.

Steps to reproduce:
-Create a new explorer character.
-Get it to first job and complete the quest that gives you the Explorer Book.
-Get it to level 25 and complete chapter 2 of the explorer questline.
-Log off and wait at least 12 hours. (I am not sure whether this is the correct amount of time to wait, or whether the bug is triggered by a completely different factor, but waiting 12 hours should be enough time for the bug to happen.)
-Log in on the explorer character, and check chapter 2 of the Explorer Book. The bugged character model should now be there.

Character job: explorer characters