[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Problems with the Jump Quests in Maplestory

NickTheDragonNickTheDragon
Reactions: 410
edited March 2021 in Rants and Raves
Hello, this is my rant about the Jump Quests. I personally find these very annoying, and irritating to do, at least for me. On the Zakum Dungeon in El Nath, the platforms for the first beginning part of the level are too small, and you have to land precisely in the middle to get your footing on it. If you land anywhere other than dead center, you'll phrase through them. I mean, how is that even possible to fall through a platform? How do you even miss a platform if you jump a few inches off?

Aside from the falling rocks you have to avoid, and totem traps in the second stage, it just screws with you. It takes quite a lot of patience and perfect timing to get these down, and even if you do get right pattern down, you'll still screw up now and then.

The first Forest Endurance stage in Elinia isn't too bad, but I think its just as worse. You start off with small platforms, and if you make one wrong move, your falling all the way back to the beginning. Unless you get lucky and land on a platform below you. There have been times where I've failed a jump to the next wooden platform, only to then fall through a platform below me. To me, it doesn't make sense.

I feel like Jump Quest stages either need a revamp, or perhaps players should have a little extra jump height while in these areas, so that they won't fall from the platforms easily if they don't quite make the jump. I don't mind a challenge when I see one, but something challenging like this shouldn't have problems with platform collisions. I feel it makes the challenge a complete tease, and maybe a waste of time.

Well, this was my little rant, I hope you didn't mind it. If anyone has any constructive criticisms with this, I wouldn't mind listening to it. If I've missed out on anything, let me know about this so I'll be well informed.

BlasterMaster

Comments

• BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited March 2021
    You hate Jump Quests? Join the club.

Some players say there's a "silent majority" of players who enjoy them, but I have yet to meet even one of them in-game.
    darik
  • AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited March 2021
    To be honest, I still enjoy the Jump Quests, they remind me of old Maplestory. The issue with Jump Quest for most people is they aren't used to the low jump and walk speed. This was a very normal thing back when the Jump Quests were made. They've always been unforgiving. The only 'issue' with them nowadays is that the rewards are very lackluster for the time spend on them. I still miss the old Kerning Subway JQ
    YinYangX
    edited March 2021
    To be honest, I still enjoy the Jump Quests, they remind me of old Maplestory. The issue with Jump Quest for most people is they aren't used to the low jump and walk speed.

They.... make... no.... sense!

This is a MMORPG, not a Super Mario game! And the power incontinence in each one can get ridiculous. Take the one in FriendStory, are we actually supposed to believe that someone like Mercedes, Phantom, or Kanna have a hard time stepping over soda cans while trying to follow a security guard?

They're boring, tedious, and frustrating, and the worst part of the Jump Quests is they almost always show up in the "third act" of a storyline, where you're SO close to finishing and can just taste the promised reward. I've had more than one player tell me they've broken a keyboard in rage trying to do them.

"Old Maplestory", right, there's a reason Nexon doesn't listen to to folks who want a "pre-Big Bang" server.
  • AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited March 2021
    To be honest, I still enjoy the Jump Quests, they remind me of old Maplestory. The issue with Jump Quest for most people is they aren't used to the low jump and walk speed.

They.... make... no.... sense!

This is a MMORPG, not a Super Mario game! And the power incontinence in each one can get ridiculous. Take the one in FriendStory, are we actually supposed to believe that someone like Mercedes, Phantom, or Kanna have a hard time stepping over soda cans while trying to follow a security guard?

They're boring, tedious, and frustrating, and the worst part of the Jump Quests is they almost always show up in the "third act" of a storyline, where you're SO close to finishing and can just taste the promised reward. I've had more than one player tell me they've broken a keyboard in rage trying to do them.

"Old Maplestory", right, there's a reason Nexon doesn't listen to to folks who want a "pre-Big Bang" server.

I mean you're out here talking and ranting like you're saying facts. It's all based on opinions. I like them, you hate them. Simple as that. You find it tedious, I find it challenging. I like it when there is other content in a game that's far different from the usual content within it. Getting upset and angry while doing Jump Quests definitely won't help you at all either :-)
    edited April 2021
    Fella, look, if you find such a concept "challenging", you're playing the wrong game.

Try Spelunky or something.