[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamer key bindings reset on login

intaanettointaanetto
Reactions: 300
edited March 2021 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: functionality, key bindings
Character: intaanetto / lv. 211 / Beast Tamer / EU Reboot

Description: This problem has been happening since the Moonlight Magic patch (I believe?) and hasn't been acknowledged by Nexon as far as I'm aware. Every time you log into a Beast Tamer the key bindings completely reset. Once you rebind the critter select skill you can then select an animal mode but you will have to rebind critter select to each animal every time. Further, if you log into another character and then back onto your Beast Tamer, the key bindings from that character will carry over to your Beast Tamer and sometimes delete bindings from animal mode.

Linked is an imgur album with screenshots and annotations showing what happens and how to re-create it.

There are so many other problems with Beast Tamer already but this is a bit of a joke and just makes my everyday playing a pain. I enjoy playing Beast Tamer and want to keep it as my main character but if you (Nexon and team) aren't going to make the effort to fix basic issues with it then there's little incentive to keep playing.

Comments

• StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited March 2021
    Put the animal swapping key on, the animal keybinds are still saved if you don't touch the out of animal keybinds. Still annoying though.
    The animal swapping key unbinding itself is annoying though.
    Also, Champ Charge does not work on a keybind, but then works once you start it up from the skill window - select and then mash the keybind.
  • intaanettointaanetto
    Reactions: 300
    edited March 2021
    Stacona wrote: »
    Put the animal swapping key on, the animal keybinds are still saved if you don't touch the out of animal keybinds. Still annoying though.
    The animal swapping key unbinding itself is annoying though.
    Also, Champ Charge does not work on a keybind, but then works once you start it up from the skill window - select and then mash the keybind.

Yeah no that's what I meant. That all the other keybinds are still on the other animal modes, just Critter Select you have to rebind everytime. But there is still the problem of Critter Select disappearing on login. keybinds being reverted to default on login (before selecting an animal mode) and keybinds being overwritten by other characters.