[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove All Immobilization Life Drain Boss Skills

SenzuBeanSenzuBean
Reactions: 775
edited April 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Ex: Hard Hilla, Princess No (and Miruko pre-boss)
It's supposed to be an easy to mid-game boss.. but it becomes impossible to solo kill them unless you go way beyond the range necessary to kill them
But if you have to go that far, then killing those bosses are pointless
You far outclass the boss to the point where it's not a boss fight anymore
It also just takes away the skill in the boss fight... later bosses require extreme precision in movement and timing creating an engaging fight

Meanwhile in Princess No you get cucked after you go past 50% of her health and get stunlocked and that's it
Boss fight is over cause how tf do you outmaneuver that?
Answer: You can't

There's no point in keeping these boss skills that just stun lock you forever until you die
It's just trash game design
You could say "Just go in a party"
But as f2p you want every single meso and you need every single meso
There is precedent where almost every boss has no stun lock ability with difficulty way beyond princess no

So there is absolutely no reason why these stun lock skills should exist, especially because they have no cooldown and can keep you in lockdown permanently ruining all your chances of defeating the boss
Even if you have the damage output to take down the boss

Comments

• ArkhustArkhust
    i agree, the feature is dumb, way too hard to avoid if youre solo bossing, heck my nl has every item legendary , cra set, 2 pieces of abso and still cant asolo hard hilla! i dont have all 2line of course, some only have 1 line of luck but still! Its not suppossed to be such a hard boss!
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited April 2021
    I don't know about HHila but Princess No is incredibly annoying. She uses that Immobilization skill without a cooldown, so the only way I can solo her with my Battle Mage is by leaving the Altars and Grim Harvest to do the job while I'm stuck, which is at least 1/3 of her HP until she is dead. I don't mind if she has that skill, actually this brings some challenge, but a cooldown between that must be added.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited April 2021
    Well the hillas cage is quite outdated skill anyways. It was supposed to be full party boss and requires 4 ppl hitting the cage. Now it's quite pointless to go with more than 2.
    Another annoying thing is lucid and ursus bombs. You need to iframe them to survive if you're alone.
  • PulledFingerPulledFinger
    Reactions: 765
    edited April 2021
    While it's more obscure since many don't bother unlocking the boss til they're massively out-leveled it, Von Leon (all difficulties) has a relatable mechanic where he'll banish you to the prison map repeatedly without a cool down as well. While this doesn't kill you, it drastically increases the time the fight takes if he decides to do it 5-6 times in a row the second you get back in range of him.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited May 2021
    Well arkarium's 1hitKO is quite annoying without cooldown aswell.