[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Netherlands Probability-Based Cash Item Changes

SumiSumi
Reactions: 1,840
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2021 in General Chat
i HATE this change... idk what kinda bs law we have here that made this... but alot of use buying nx are over 18(i think) i made mesos selling items that i cant now anymore... i open nx boxes kept what i liked and sold what i didnt like... but now i cant even turn what i hate into a stamp even. this is complete bs. atleast allowed us to change into stamps or something or some kind of mechanism... now ill be stuck with double items and i cant sell or do anything with it. HATE THE CHANGE
  1. atleast give us a way to sell stuff still3 votes
    1. yes
       67% (2 votes)
    2. no
       33% (1 vote)
    3. idc
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    It sucks but gotta live with it.
  • PhantomErevePhantomEreve
    Reactions: 1,105
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    I wonder if VPNs can bypass this issue.
  • SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    It should be age based tho... Think its bs everyone should suffer just to protect kids from gambling...
  • PulledFingerPulledFinger
    Reactions: 765
    edited April 2021
    Why are you complaining about this here and not taking it up with the Netherlands government? (the ones actually responsible).
    I wonder if VPNs can bypass this issue.

VPN's don't mask where transactions are coming from.

• SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    Why are you answering here if it doesn't bother you.
  • PulledFingerPulledFinger
    Reactions: 765
    edited April 2021
    Whose to say it doesn't? You're upset, we get it, but you're blaming Nexon for obeying new laws imposed for a country their service area covers. Would you prefer the alternative where Nexon just ignores the law, gets smacked with a fine and either gets barred from providing service in the country or just region locks the country to prevent future headaches?

Phone calls and/or hand written letters to your Ombudsman should be the first port of call for this.
  • SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    They could change an age thing here. I had to sign up with my date of birth. If I'm old enough to gamble I should be able to gamble... and not get restricted cause kids aren't allowed to and blocking the whole area is easier.... What's the point of signing up with age then if it doesn't matter a thing anywsys
  • DropbearxDropbearx
    totally agree, is it that items we have currently become untradable as well?
  • KachunKachun
    Reactions: 100
    "Items that are received from the list of Cash Shop items, if purchased or opened/used while in the Netherlands, will become untradeable, even on non-Reboot worlds, and will not be exchangeable for Avatar Box Stamps."

They mention it becomes untr
  • SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    This stupid change is causing so many issues. Alot of dutch people are missing nx items now. And not just 2 no Alot.... Some update on the issue somewhere would be nice....
    Snicky
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    The issue of the missing items is being looked into.
    A person on reddit with the problem posted the following response they received from Nexon Customer Support:
    So what's happened here is that when making changes in accordance with the Netherlands Probability-Based Cash Item Changes some Cash Items may have been affected in a way that's made them invisible, we're sorry about this display issue and totally understand the panic that this may have caused you.

We can assure you that we are looking into this, for now, we can only ask for your patience while the teams investigate and discuss solutions for you and other affected players. In the mean time, I recommend not making changes to your cash shop inventory. This will avoid any further issues that may occur.

If you have lost items, please submit a Customer Support ticket at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net
  • SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited May 2021
    Sumi wrote: »
    This stupid change is causing so many issues. Alot of dutch people are missing nx items now. And not just 2 no Alot.... Some update on the issue somewhere would be nice....

True items i got from any box is going MIA on some of my mules now and so far no word about how this will be fixed :( I just stop buying stuff from now on its like flush money thrpugh the toilet this way . Not fun at all . I could live with that stuff changed seen law but that the addings mess it up this bad ain't fun at all .
    Sumi
  • SumiSumi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2021
    yea i got alot of buddys missing a ton of nx there whole dec tab is cleared out. im still good ( for now) but i seriously HATE the silence on this... its not really a small issue when items you spend tons on normal money and meso wise just goes *poof* and then nexon goes silent just wait for an update..... an update on the site like we are on it or anything would be nice...
  • RavingPuppyRavingPuppy
    After i bought 1 premium surprise style box after the ongoing Netherlands NX update. I saw that the item i got was untradedable.( wanted too check it)
    Then the day after i got back online and saw alot of NX items missing. Including items i got before the Big Bang.
    That was the next day.
    Now this morning, yet again i am missing more items, including Nx on my Android. ( Cow Nx items from latest event).
    So yea i think another few weeks and i will look all NX less.

Hope all the items i got BEFORE the Netherlands NX update will still be Tradeble...
    Will wait Patiencely on an Anwser...