[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Neo tokyo Nostalgia

NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
Reactions: 1,240
edited September 2016 in General Chat
Long ago when JMS made a new future themed area, there was a lot of excitement surrounding the possibilities. One question many often wondered about was if Neo tokyo would ever make its way to Global Maplestory. I recall that I would have needed about a year of playtime before any of my characters would be strong enough to go there and not die horribly but was still hyped for the potential challenge. As the story goes, Neo tokyo did not reach GMS. It was seen as a let down but also a good teaching moment.

People not getting what they want gives one the chance to regroup and possibly reassess priorities. When you get lemons the logical course of action is to make lemonade. By the time that Neo city came along, I was skeptical to say the least. Years later, my review of Neo city is that it was not such a bad place. While it was a drag that Neo tokyo was not playable in GMS, I learned a lot and everything worked out.

Comments

• YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    In EMS we had Neo Tokyo, we lost it when we got the GMS content for the migration preparations. It was a cool feature, area with couple of nice bosses. Some of them had a nice reward like a Dragon Khanjar for Shadower. Unfortuanately it was always a hazzle to find 6 people who did the prequest to join for a party.

Neo City GMS counterpart had its time, but was very poor worked out in my opinion and have been an closed area for quite some time now.