[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A few questions

Mech11Mech11
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
Hi everyone, I got a few questions. I'm not a new player, but I havent been able to really learn how the game currently works and how to make progress properly.
Right now, I have a few problems. First of all, leveling up is quite slow. I'm at level 160 and up to this level it has been okay, but from 160 and higher, it became significantly slower. My goal is to atleast hit 200 so I can pass 5th job advancement.
Anyone know whats up with the Tera Burning event that allows you to gain 2 more levels every time? Will this event return, and if yes, will it return soon?
What I'm wondering is I could have waited for that event to happen again, instead of starting a character without Tera Burning.
Another question is, generally, what ways are there to increase EXP other than 2x exp coupons? I heard there are ways but I dont really know how.
Also, about my damage range. Everyone in this game gets insane potentials on their equipment, but I simply have no idea how to get a lot of cubes, or evne how to craft them. Are potentials the main way of increasing attack range?
Anyways, I have other character who is above level 200, but his damage range is so low, I have no idea what im doing wrong.
Thank you.

Comments

• happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited April 2021
    for training, its normal to start slowing down around here. but you can take advantage of "burning" maps for extra exp. also get the 2 exp coupons from running monster park on sundays - also regarding monster park, use your coins to get some yellow potions from the monster park special shop, for 10% exp boost.

for range, you have probably found all your pensalir gear from monsters by now right? you could reveal the potentials on them and use occult cubes to get some % stat going. and also, spell trace and starforce your gear for more power

for your lvl 200 character, do your Vanishing journey dailies and get your arcane symbols lvled up for nice boosts in damage. and also don't forget to claim your compensation for 1,000 symbols!!!!
  • PulledFingerPulledFinger
    Reactions: 765
    edited April 2021
    Best estimate is that next Tera burn likely wont happen til NEO update which is a few months away.

Ways to maximize exp gains beyond 2x exp coupons.
    - MVP exp buff, people will announce the channel/map/time via smega in chat when they will be using these buffs (buffs everyone on the map).
    - Mercedes link skill, more exp depending on the level of your Mercedes (10%/15%/20%).
    - Aran link skill, gain extra exp from combo orbs (+450%/+600%/+950%).
    - Evan link skill, extend the duration (time the buff lasts) of the 2x exp you get from using a rune on the map (+30%/+50%/+70%).
    - Zero legion effect, depending on level of your Zero, having its character tile on the legion grid will grant you bonus exp (4%/6%/8%/10%/12%).
    - Legion grid, after ranking up your legion you can eventually put tiles into bonus exp (this is a very long term project and wont really be worth it til 4k legion).

Most bosses from Zakum onwards will almost always drop an occult cube and rarely a mastercraft/meister cube. As such you want to get into the habit of beating these bosses daily,
    - Normal Zakum.
    - Normal Hilla.
    - Easy Magnus.
    - Easy/Normal Horntail.
    - Normal Ranmaru.
    - Easy/Normal Von Leon.
    - Normal Root Abyss.
    Not only will this let you build up a supply of occult cubes over time which will help you to get at least Epic tier potential on your equips, but certain bosses also have a chance to drop equips which are extremely useful early on (Eye and Face equip from Zakum, Shoulder and Badge from Magnus, Earrings and Ring from Horntail, etc) as well the Necromaner set from Hilla or the Von Leon set.

Early game, Starforce and Flame (particularly boss flames) are just as important if not more so than potential is so don't neglect them. Aiming for 10 stars, a flame with some %allstat along with some main stat and an epic potential on all applicable items is a good milestone to initially aim for.