[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why no rewards for last place in Hotel mini game?

Luminous0014Luminous0014
Reactions: 1,055
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Title ^^^
I don't know if anyone even read these, but just gonna put it on here.

Being 4th place One-Card or 3rd place in Monster Pyramid is just very frustrating.
In One-Card, you can literally be "winning" and then other people just puts like 10 cards into your hands just because other people get tons of attack cards and you don't have any counters. Or you can also end up drawing for like 5 turns straight and losing because you don't even have the chance to put a card down (don't have same color or card type). We can play like 7-8 mins per game with people going back and forth. Certainly a fun game, just sucks when you are last place after that 7-8 or even 10 mins and not get any coins.
In Monster Pyramid, 3 players total, one will always get last place. 1/3 chance of not getting any coins? Why bother playing?
Especially since there is still this bug with entering the game, and the game not starting. We have to quit the game and wait 15 mins cd just because it is an error on your side.

Honestly, why putting this on the game in the first place? So people do not purposely stall the game for longer for more coins, since no one knows who will get last place?
That certainly is not working out right. In many of the games I had, there is always someone that stall until the last second to place their move. What is worst is when they get first place, and the last place player just got nothing cause they are last even if they play normally.
Also, for the Monster Pyramid game, players are getting coins based on their points. Since it is no longer based on time., why shouldn't the last place get at least something in return? No one is going to stall the timer for more points.

At the end of the day, I just want to use the time in these mini-games for some relaxing time from the constant mobbing/bossing. I don't want to get frustrated over something that is supposed to be fun and relaxing. I really want to know the logic behind this setting.

Comments

• Luminous0014Luminous0014
    Reactions: 1,055
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2021
    No replies??? I heard the whatever team that reads player feedbacks is actively reading on this forum. Well, guess not.
    How about this, a suggestion: Change the number of points in One-Card (Uno) to be based on total # of cards played instead of time elapsed. Then no one will try to stall in a game like that. And there is no need for the shitty rule of "no reward for last place". (By the way, do you guys mean losers have no place in this world?)

Why am I saying trash about this anniversary? Because I am frustrated. And yes, I want you guys to feel the frustration that your players felt too. Even a filler event is better than this. Honestly, this Hotel thing just feels like Pixel Party from last year, with a bunch of games/events removed.
    I think you guys know players want change, but simply changing the rule for worst rewards is not a change that players want. I don't know who decides this, but they probably thinking of ways to just torture players (or maybe simulating a "gamble" type of game where losers lose stuff? aka losing 7-8 minutes per game?)

As a reiteration of my first post above, we play games for fun, not for extra frustration. Sure, you are making money from players of the game. It is fine, if you guys put the effort to make a game fun. But here is just not fun. It is an anniversary event, not any filler event. Make up your mind on the importance of everything before deciding these rules.

(From a programming perspective, it would have definitely easier to not implement the "no reward for last place". You guys could've use that time to fix bugs like mini-game not starting and throwing the players the "unknown error". You could've used it to fix other bugs in the game in general. But you guys decided to waste the time and resources so you can waste players' times. I really don't understand your intentions.)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2021
    Previous incarnations of the One Card game did give points to last place, so this was an intended change. I don't know what the intention was, though. My guess is that it's an attempt to discourage "trade wins" or similar scenarios where players are cooperating instead of competing.
    Or maybe it was intended to give people more incentive to collect coins by hunting monsters, rather than mini-games.