[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Glitches and crashing in Julieta boss fight

ipokesnailsipokesnails
Reactions: 725
edited October 2021 in Bug Reporting
This may be related to the bug booting players to Spinel's forest when dying during Julieta fights, but the issues experienced are different.

Bug type: Gameplay, crashing

Brief bug summary: Random crashes to desktop or login screen during Julieta fight, character gets moved around, game "camera" moves, fight ends abruptly.

More details: Randomly during Julieta fights, the game will crash to the login screen, giving the error "Unable to connect to the game server", or it will crash to desktop with no error given.
During the fight, the character is randomly picked up and moved around, or turned to face the other direction.
The game "camera" randomly starts to pan as if the boss fight is on rails and we're expected to jump to the next building, only to snap back to the character.
The boss fight ends rather abruptly (abrup, ha), some sort of boss death animation with a few seconds of grace period would be nice rather than jarringly being teleported to the reward screen.

Steps to reproduce: Fight Julieta

Character name: isnipesnails

Character level: 220-236

Character job: Bowmaster

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: Every time I've fought Julieta since the Neo update, but the video below was taken on 10 October 2021, 8:00am Atlantic time.

I didn't see the flickering between Maplestory and Youtube when taking the video, it must be an issue with Nvidia's screen recorder

I've tried defaming someone, but it didn't fix the issue.

Comments

• BurnlifesBurnlifes
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2021
    There is a bug that keeps going to Spinel's forest when I die in Phase 2 while I was bossing Julieta. What should I do? Is it a bug that you can fix?
  • WhatsTheIssueWhatsTheIssue
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2021
    When dying during the Julietta boss fight (first phase) with 10 lives remaining, during resurrection you are teleported to "Hidden Street: Spinel's Forest" rather than back into the boss map. This counts as using an entry to the boss for the day.

Bug was repeated with and without using Buff Freezers and death was caused by being hit with a tentacle (requirement for achievements)
  • ipokesnailsipokesnails
    Reactions: 725
    edited October 2021
    The Julieta fight in general is very bugged. I've never been booted to Spinel's forest, but the boss fight does glitch and crash the game.

My character gets randomly repositioned, and occasionally the game crashes either to the desktop or the login screen.
  • leelsleels
    i get this too when you're supposed to climb up the tower or something. it glitches and julieta appears as soon as i spawn there and on top of me. insta death since we can't double jump or tp and then i get sent to spinel forest.
  • AlmacareAlmacare
    Reactions: 600
    edited January 2022
    This is still going on. I'm still unable to finish the story fight because of all the bugs and crashes.