[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MONAD Julieta fight bugs

gelpineappleapplegelgelpineappleapplegel
Reactions: 200
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay

Brief summary: Dying takes me to Spinel's Forest, sometimes unable to get to Phase 3

Character name: ships123

Character job: Kaiser

Level: 197

World: Reboot

Date and time: October 10, between 11 AM and 2 PM EST

More details:

Major issue #1
Whenever I die, I get transported to the Hidden Street with Spinel. This means that no matter what Phase I am in, I have to restart the fight every time I die, meaning that I have to play flawlessly. This bug completely invalidates the 50 death count, and makes the fight near unplayable. It also makes getting back to the story fight very tedious, as I have to go through the Dimensional Portal/Maple Guide, select Act 3 from the Base Camp, and watch the cutscenes before the fight every time.

Major Issue #2
After climbing to the top of the tower in Phase 2, sometimes the shift to Phase 3 simply will not happen. There is no fade out/fade in transition whatsoever. Julieta climbs all the way to the top, then after a few seconds she teleports all the way back to the bottom to climb up again. I have tried jumping at the top, I have tried jumping off the tower and
re-entering the portal, but neither of these options have worked. I have not even found a consistent way of recreating this bug. In essence, this bug means I have to reset the entire fight due to being unable to progress to the next Phase, as well as not being able to die to potentially reset Phase 2 (due to the aforementioned death issue).

These 2 bugs have made the final leg of the blockbuster extremely demotivating. While invested in the story, I refuse to attempt the Julieta fight any further until these issues are fixed; the fight is near unplayable at a realistic level while they exist. I have to play perfectly in order to circumvent Issue #1, and hope I get lucky to circumvent Issue #2. This is unacceptable, and from what I hear, these aren't even the worst bugs this fight has had in its history. I feel fortunate that I have never crashed during the fight (although the game still crashes in general), but that doesn't excuse the state this fight is in. When the best troubleshooting method is to "kill the boss before you get a chance to run into the bugs", you know the fight is still the furthest thing from perfect. I have yet to clear Phase 3 because of how brutal these bugs make the fight, so there may be even more issues I'm unaware of.

There's also a small issue in Phase 1 where if I get knocked off the roof too far to the right, I won't respawn as if I've fallen off the roof normally. I have to walk all the way to the right in order to get respawned, as if I've been knocked out of the "fallen off roof" zone.

Steps to reproduce: Issue #1, fight and die during the Julieta fight; Issue #2, Unknown, bug is inconsistent