[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Constant screen freezes (with audio) and D/Cs

ZefernaireZefernaire
Reactions: 200
edited November 2021 in Tech Support
Ever since goo, I've been having this happen to me on pretty much every character. I've had to quit out of the game during a muto run with a guildmate on my AB because my screen froze but I could still hear sounds. I've had my screen freeze after a cpb solo on my Nightwalker into a memory leak dc (textures missing). the screen freezes happen from time to time upon entering maps too, but I usually wait it out and sometimes it fixes itself after 2-3 minutes. Horntail might be the worst offender though, after fighting horntail on 3 of my characters I could barely enter each phase without my screen freezing for several seconds. By the time I got to the body phase and unloaded all my burst on my kanna, my screen would freeze for minutes at a time, slowly taking out all my death count until it would freeze and freeze indefinitely. I can still hear all the audio mind you, and maplestory takes up a constant 3gb (out of 16) so I'm not sure what the issue is besides memleak, but I never had to reopen maplestory this many times nor have I frozen this much since coming back during NEO. Out of all the characters I've played on, Kanna has got to be the worst, her skills freeze my screen a couple of seconds if the game is particularly unstable.

Please fix this, it's been months.