[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Client Update Issues

GenesisXXGenesisXX
Reactions: 300
edited November 2021 in Tech Support
Hi all,

So after the On Air update I found my had drive was just short of space to install the required files.

This is where things got difficult resulting in 3 days of lost game time...

I did everything to free up space on my hard drive - uninstalled programs / deleted temporary files / compressed everything. I tried to reinstall the 20Gb game after each effort to free up disk space but kept hitting an error message telling me I didn't have enough space somewhere around the 94% mark. Every time I hit this error I had to delete the files which had downloaded and try again.

After doing everything I could I've ended up with 25Gb free on my hard drive, and yet I still can't install the full game due to the error above. I don't understand what's going on and I'm out of ideas - I can't delete anything else on my hard drive as there's nothing left to remove (other than Windows files) and I would have thought having 5Gb on top of what was needed for the download would have been sufficient. It takes around 2.5 hours to download 20Gb, and with me on my 4th attempt I'll have lost 10 hours now.

I've managed to dig out an external hard drive which I'd forgotten about - thankfully it has 450Gb free, the only thing that concerns me is with it connecting via USB I can see potential issues when loading new maps due to transfer speeds being lower than an internal hard drive, but we'll see.

Thought I'd post this here to see if anyone else has had similar issues or if anyone knows of a way to fix this so I can go back to having MapleStory installed on my actual hard drive rather than an external drive?