[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Alternative Spawn booster Implementation

AKisAKis
Reactions: 1,045
edited January 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi, recently I have been thinking about the spawn booster/kishin changes that are in the works. After thinking about it for a while I got an idea that could be interesting so I wanted to share it for fun (and I wouldn't mind if it actually existed :P).

Why do I think spawn boosters a good thing
As someone that likes hack n' slash games the feeling of defeating a lot of mobs at once is very satisfying to me. Spawn Boosters increase the maximum number of monsters in the map, making it more satisfying to hit a lot of them at once.
At some point in the game a lot of classes can full clear a map. Then they have to wait for the monsters to respawn. This ruins the flow of the gameplay instead of keeping it going. Having reduced spawn delay allows you to continue with little to no downtime.
As a result of the above 2 points your grinding efficiency increases making the game feel more rewarding in the process.

My Idea for an alternative implementation for spawn boosters
Having it be a system in game something similar to familiars and legion. It would work on a timer that counts down when used much like summoning familiars and when active would work like kishin and fury totem. The timer would reset every day so you can use it fully again the next day. This system would be shared in your account.

I would suggest this system to be a progression system similar to legion. After achieving a certain milestone you would be able to unlock this system. Later you would be able to upgrade its functions (more active time) the more progression you make. These milestones could range from reaching a certain level, defeating a boss (party or solo), getting legion to a specific level, doing a questline, etc.

Why i think this is a good idea
As maplestory is focused on progression, Adding another progression system that rewards the player with something immediately useful and fun.
This would also not be as abusable by bots as they have only a limited time for its use.
Kanna would not be the only option anymore for people if they want to be efficient at grinding (especially on reboot). If it’s implemented well removing the spawn boosting effect from kishin wouldn't be as bad

As for the people who have a frenzy and if spawn boosters will be disabled at level 300+ content you can have a separate mode that increases exp with the same time limit. then it would still be beneficial and not be useless.

I’ll keep it at this as I don’t want it to be excessively long.