[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we expect improvements in The Far East?

HikariCalyxHikariCalyx
Reactions: 500
edited January 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The Far East was a Chinese themed world tour map introduced first in ChinaMS back on November 4th, 2015 and implemented to GMS on March 24th, 2016. However the entire content has many issues.

1. You can still enter Residental Area without accepting "Finding Tomo" prequest and trigger "A Test" quest once you enter Yu Garden.
What I expected - you cannot enter The Far East or unable to accept "Elder Jung's Summons" without accepting "Finding Tomo".

2. All monsters here are not counted into "Monsters nearby your level", and they still drop arrows and equipments way lower than Level 100.
What I expected - they're counted into "Monsters nearby your level", and they don't drop arrows and useless equipments.

3. While you can easily buy Mastery Book 100% elsewhere, merchant NPCs here still sell Mastery Book 25%. It's intended in ChinaMS but definitely unsuitable for GMS.
What I expected - change those Mastery Books to 100% variant or simply remove them.

4. From what I heard, ChinaMS has an exclusive medal named "豫园守护者勋章" (Yu Garden Guardian Medal) after they removed Beasts of Fury, but the obtain method is strange - you'll have to collect 120 Yu Garden coins to buy it from merchant NPC.
qouCdpg.png

What I expected - add this medal in GMS and the medal should be rewarded right after you clear all the quests in Yu Garden (excluding dailies).

5. The quest "Capturing Jiangshi" and "Jiangshi Versus Porridge" still require you to weaken Jiangshi monsters, which is difficult for overpowered characters (could 1 shot them even with normal attack).
FYI, weaken monsters before capturing is no longer required (example is capturing Generous Vikings during Mushroom Castle quests) since Black Mage update.
What I expected - you can capture them without weakening them.

6. Drop rates of those antique totem items are terrible and items are unstackable, I'm guessing it's only a little bit higher than Lunar Dew. While in ChinaMS you can get permanent antique totems via lotteries.
What I expected - increase drop rate and make those antique totem items stackable.

7. Yu Garden town lacks a storage keeper NPC, and there're few useless NPCs at the end of the map, click them does nothing.
Consider to repurpose any of those useless NPCs into a storage keeper NPC.

8. Elite variant of Diabolic Jiangshi and Centipede could be summoned randomly (or via activating Rune of Darkness) and they're pretty tanky for characters under Level 160.

9. Right now, maps after "Foot of the Mountain", or I should say "Mount Song Hamlet" and "Mahavira Hall" areas cannot use any teleport methods, such as Hyper Teleport Rock, Maple Guide or Return skill.
What I expected - you can use them.

10. After MapleTV's removal in GMS v227, the wall is broken in Mount Song Hamlet. But I'm told JapanMS already fixed the wall.
Speaking of which, there's a strange tiny spot (height: 2 pixels) allow you stand on it.

Here's the video from PirateIzzy for reference:

11. During Shaolin Temple quests, method of obtaining book in "Secret Library" is strange. You'll have to fly through the glowing spot instead of clicking on it.

Those are issues I've discovered in the Far East content. Hopefully the team could consider to improve them in incoming QoL updates.