[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tyrant Gloves

GenesisXXGenesisXX
Reactions: 300
edited January 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've been doing some reading online and have found that not only have Kritias missions been changed from daily to weekly, but the invasions that used to happen every 2 hours don't occur anymore. This has severely reduced the amount of Kritias coins able to be acquired each week.

I did some maths and have worked out that to acquire 400 Kritias coins to buy Tyrant Gloves, I would need to complete the weekly missions for 2 years and 30 weeks since the changes.

Now this is an insane amount of time in order to get Tyrant Gloves compared to the boots / capes being able to be bought for a lot less coins from the Magnus shop, even though Hard Magnus is a weekly boss. I have a very specific plan for my gear progression and it seems that having to go for over 2.5 years just to get the gloves is unrealistic, especially since I would have everything else well before that time.

I know this is something that has been brought up many times before on the forum / reddit, yet nothing has been done in-game to acknowledge or make changes to this. A couple of ideas I've had regarding the issue:

- Allow Tyrant Gloves to be purchased from the Magnus coin shop with the other Tyrant gear, eliminating Kritias weekly missions
- Reduce the cost of the gloves to something like 200 Kritias coins rather than 400 (would still take over a year to purchase at this cost but is more realistic than 2.5 years!)

Is anyone else doing these weekly missions, or do you feel Tyrant Gloves are just unobtainable given the length of time it now takes to acquire enough coins?

Comments

• LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited January 2022
    I highly recommend going for absolab items instead of tyrants. They are way cheaper to get and with set effect, flame and sf you get 12* tyrant worth of stats on 19/20* abso depending on scrolls. And 20* abso doesn't cost ~20b to starforce.
    Even umbras are cheaper and those beat tyrants already at 18*.

Kritias coins might be bit hard to get but there's no real reason currently to even collect them due to items being outdated there (well reset coupons do something but since they are cra/hmagn only it's not really that much)