[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon America Take Accountability

ResetReset
Reactions: 1,485
edited March 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Nexon America needs to take accountability for how poorly they communicate with their playerbase. It's their job to make sure their playerbase is properly communicated with when they direct changes to the game's balance. They failed to do so. Just as they've failed over and over again. They shouldn't have ever made it seem like they were only removing 2x drop special coupons from the cash shop due to unpopularity alone. That was a bad PR move. They should've told all of us in that memo that it's because of game balancing primarily. I don't know about others, but I'm insulted that Nexon thinks we're all this stupid and don't deserve to be told anything properly.

We're all adults. We don't need to be let down easy nor blatantly lied to as if we're all children. Nexon needs to learn to be direct with their playerbase and tell it to us like it is. If their intent is to remove something to balance the game, we deserve to know right when they're telling us in a memo about removing something that important from the game. I'm ashamed of Nexon America. "Sorry" doesn't cut it anymore. An actual apology would be changing their ways for real. We're still waiting for that years later.

Comments

• Duality41Duality41
    Reactions: 410
    edited March 2022
    Really don't mean to be harsh, but how naïve can you be? They aren't going to start being transparent, they have shown multiple times they do not care about the GMS playerbase. eat your losses (whether that's only time or time + money)and cash out of this game.

That is the only suggestion worth mentioning on this forum with the players wellbeing in mind at this point. a quick list of the problems yet to be addressed not even close to being on the horizon:
    - no mercy system in sfing
    - RNG + gambling riddling every component to progression (which means you're either throwing dozens of hours a week into this game or a piece of your pay cheque)
    - poorly managed economy of items (you guys let bots run this game for over a decade and the mesos price increased 2000% in 2020, hows that for 'balanced gameplay')
    - Requiring an item worth >$10k to provide a tolerable spawn rate (really, how tf is this a thing without having wild totem being the same rate, and its removed from their gambling machine)
    - blatant lies to the community and total lack of transparency

As an adult, I gotta say, getting rid of this game in my life has felt like kicking a bad habit. Just move on mate.
  • ResetReset
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited March 2022
    Duality41 wrote: »
    Really don't mean to be harsh, but how naïve can you be? They aren't going to start being transparent, they have shown multiple times they do not care about the GMS playerbase. eat your losses (whether that's only time or time + money)and cash out of this game.

That is the only suggestion worth mentioning on this forum with the players wellbeing in mind at this point. a quick list of the problems yet to be addressed not even close to being on the horizon:
    - RNG + gambling riddling every component to progression (which means you're either throwing dozens of hours a week into this game or a piece of your pay cheque)
    - poorly managed economy of items (you guys let bots run this game for over a decade and the mesos price increased 2000% in 2020, hows that for 'balanced gameplay')
    - Requiring an item worth >$10k to provide a tolerable spawn rate (really, how tf is this a thing without having wild totem being the same rate, and its removed from their gambling machine)

As an adult, I gotta say, getting rid of this game in my life has felt like kicking a bad habit. Just move on mate.

How am I naive? I never once said I had hope in them being transparent or actually changing. I said they should take accountability for their actions, how poorly they went about it all and that we're waiting for years on changes they claim they're going to make since years ago but they never happened. In no way is that hoping they'll do anything. If anything, they could at least be a bigger person and issue an actual direct apology for how poorly they treat their playerbase. Nobody expects Nexon to change at all at this point.
  • Duality41Duality41
    Reactions: 410
    edited March 2022
    Reset wrote: »
    Duality41 wrote: »

How am I naive? I never once said I had hope in them being transparent or actually changing. I said they should take accountability for their actions, how poorly they went about it all and that we're waiting for years on changes they claim they're going to make since years ago but they never happened. In no way is that hoping they'll do anything. If anything, they could at least be a bigger person and issue an actual direct apology for how poorly they treat their playerbase. Nobody expects Nexon to change at all at this point.

Sorry didn't mean to be offensive, I simply meant that the thought Nexon needs to start 'being direct with their player base and tell it like it is', along with asserting they need to 'change their ways' to demonstrate a real apology are just naive thoughts and idealistic, as neither of those things are in the cards. I agree with the thoughts, but going onto their suggestion forum and exclaiming them is 100% in vain. Hence why I used the word naive. I don't mean it with a negative connotation, I think it's fair to expect more from this company considering how committed some of the players are. Wish you all the best with the game.
    Vinsane
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited March 2022
    I agree with duality and reset, could it be possible that if nexon cannot change can some players in the community not as well?