[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

VAC Pet in reboot... a total ripoff?

terra2344terra2344
Reactions: 1,015
edited April 2022 in General Chat
99k nx for one? really? that's almost 20x the price of a regular pet, not to mention you gotta pay 14k a month after the water of life dries up to revive the darned thing, this is nothing but a ripoff considering who the average player is supposed to be. Anyone agrees with me or am I the only odd one out here.
  1. Rip off or nah?4 votes
    1. Total Ripoff
       75% (3 votes)
    2. Totally worth it for the functionality.
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited April 2022
    I think the upfront cost is acceptable, but the revival cost is a bit 'meh' - but i won't dwell on it. I can see why people would consider it "expensive" but i don't quite see it as "rip off" in Reboot server. - i find the RNG method of obtaining a VAC pet in Regular server to be an actual "rip off" - but the auction house balances this out since you can buy them outright with mesos.

Being a "rip off" is subjective, anyways. Players that are more hardcore, and see value in being able to loot more efficiently might find it expensive, but ultimately worth it. Or, they might not even question the cost at all and simply buy it. I think the cost being a "rip off" is relative to one's disposable income, and one's own subjective value system.

While having a vac pet is obviously an advantage over regular pets, i still think regular pets can get you through the game just fine, and so the vac pets are there for players to "take it or leave it" with no harm done in either instance [ i understand people being upset that you can literally pay to loot better and more mesos in reboot server- but that is a topic for another thread]

Its also nice that you are not "locked in" to the vac pet subscription, you can let it be dead for long breaks and just buy the water when you are ready to get back into the game

tldr: expensive, not a rip off.

Vinsane